Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF 50 power steering part needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Callen

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a mf 50, I need the control valve, the piece that the power steering hoses from the pump screw in to, mine leaks badly, the o rings are shot, can't find them either, where can I get these parts, local agco dealer says they r absolete?....can't use tractor, this tractor was completely restored but can't use due to fluid leaking all over from valve

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a good hyd. shop should be able to fix it

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it's like the one from my 202 (and I think it is), there are no parts available but O rings etc. shouldn't be too hard to fit. If it's actually worn out past the point of repair the only option would be used parts. Wengers might have something. When I was looking at rebuilding my power steering they had some there, pricey though. Not sure if they put any kind of warranty on their used parts.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O-rings and seals should be available through commercial sources like hydraulic shops, powertrain distributors and industrial supply houses, you might have to work a bit to figure out what the part is to source it through generic channels or pay someone to figure it out for you. Some parts are also easily made by a knowledgeable machinist or hydraulic repair technician. If the body is too badly scored up to seal you might have to get a hydraulic shop, machinist or knowledgeable and skilled auto restoration shop to hone & make oversized parts, hone & sleeve or hone & plate. OR there is also the salvage route, I gotta believe the way MF did things they probably used that same control valve, or one real close to it on other tractors of that era or maybe even the following generation. Sometimes the manufacturers drop parts if they're common parts and too many people look at the OEM price and go the other route for a 1/3 of the cost.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found that Dealers aren't usually to helpful with old tractors and you will usually get the response that you did. Do you have a parts book? Many times the parts book will detail the dimensions of the O-rings and you can buy them from various suppliers.

Dan

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wisbaker wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:20:43 10/18/12) O-rings and seals should be available through commercial sources like hydraulic shops, powertrain distributors and industrial supply houses, you might have to work a bit to figure out what the part is to source it through generic channels or pay someone to figure it out for you. Some parts are also easily made by a knowledgeable machinist or hydraulic repair technician. If the body is too badly scored up to seal you might have to get a hydraulic shop, machinist or knowledgeable and skilled auto restoration shop to hone & make oversized parts, hone & sleeve or hone & plate. OR there is also the salvage route, I gotta believe the way MF did things they probably used that same control valve, or one real close to it on other tractors of that era or maybe even the following generation. Sometimes the manufacturers drop parts if they're common parts and too many people look at the OEM price and go the other route for a 1/3 of the cost.

That's a good idea. Machine shops charge quite a bit for unique jobs like this but it still may be cheaper than going with used parts. Also you would know the parts are new and not old half worn out ones.

afarmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 50 power steering part needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a good source for O rings, seals, and seal kits.

www.baumhydraulics.com

They have a seal kit for the MF 50 power steering.

afarmer

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.