Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best mm to buy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What would you guys buy if you could buy any mm. I really like the g1355 but hear they have motor problems. Like the g1000 and m670. would also like the ub but would prefer the diesel wide front but hard to find. How are parts to get. Can you get a lot of them still or not. And how are g1355 parts, how much would you put in the motor if you needed to overhaul one? I know there's a lot of you guys out there with experience. Thanks

Joe Pro
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G1355 is a good tractor. With the proper care the 585 will run a long time. Also a G1000 is a good six cyl model. You also can't beat an 670. Parts are out there for just about any MM.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree on the M670s. I have a 1966 model M670 Super gas and it is fun to drive and a very good all around tractor from what I know of them. I do have a G950 Diesel and that is a smooth one to operate and love it. I think with most tractors of that age, some have been cared for and some havent.

r aiken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy whatever is forsale, if the price is rite and I dont already have too meny of that size.

Mopower
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G1355 and the 585 engine are not as bad as you might think. There's a couple upgrades and maintenance tips and they will run FOREVER. Also, I've learned you don't look for 585 parts in normal MM collector circles or you will pay too much! If you'd like a pretty good authority on these beasts, email me. I can put you in touch with him.

Otherwise M670 and G1000 are plentiful and have many parts in common. The cheapest fun would be an M5 if you'd like a wide front diesel.

LW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GTX

Curt Cooke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a gentleman (that's questionable) farmer here with several MM's. My 900 is for the plow, after that, my 4Star Super is my hero. It does just about everything else, planting, spraying, chopping, disking, and I have a loader for it so I can pick things up and move them. I love that 4Star and recently bought an LP version. I even love working on that series.

MM diesel
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

me too

MM diesel
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would prefer a G1350 over the 1355. The 1355 is half Oliver (back end). I would like any of the late models MM's 950, 1050, 1350. We have the 585 engine in some A4T-1400's, and had no problems. They both have the external oil pumps. The MM diesel are my favorites as we have 2 G900's, 5 G1000's, a couple M670's and some older MM's all on diesel.

James22

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wouldn't go for the early G1000, shoot for the Vista. The newer G1050 is similar and not many made. Have a bubble nose, but like the later cast iron version much better. The 670 is a good model and if wanting a tractor that size it would be on the list. Personally like the 5 Star because it has a 3pt but a UB special diesel wide front is real attractive. M5 is a good tractors and improved over the 5 Star, but doesn't grab my attention. Real fond of the diesel G706 and G708.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks mopower I will keep you in mind if I end up buying a g1355. If I need parts I guess you'll be my go to guy. Thanks

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the g1350 to. But I have been eyeing a g1355 ever since I can remember and I really love them, and its just like I want, it's a diesel, factory cab, and it says mm on the front. It has to say mm I wouldn't buy one if it said white the mm just makes the whole tractor look better, and I know the 1350 looks the same, but I hate the ones with the bubble nose i know some dont have the bublle nose. But I will say I wouldn't mind owning a 1350 someday but I want the 1355 first thanks.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One other thing you seem to know a lot about the g1355s will they hang with a 6030 John Deere or a 1466 international or a 2255 oliver. I hope they will just haven't heard much comparison about the 1355 against other tractors of the same time.

Mopower
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, they will hang, but I'm not any sort of expert. My friend has gone clear through his as I listen intently to his adventures. I stick to the older 4 bangers.

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best mm to buy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are looking for a 1355 or a UB diesel, my dads auction is next week in N/E MO.
Link is attached
Untitled URL Link

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.