Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harvest pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We still have a few beans to cut, but thought I'd post a few pics.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's my sister in the pink standing next to the combine in the bean field, my wife shelling corn with me and you know that little 4 legged guy. The corn in the pics made 14.75bpa, the beans made 25.

Mark (EC,IN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you would move the brief case......it would be easier for the dog to see where you are going (LoL)

Nice pic's....thanks for sharing

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lol, that's my handy dandy Craftsman tool box, it's rode a lot of miles with me too.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're not going to get much done if the bride is going to ride along!!

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pics! Did you have any aflatoxin in your corn?

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, some up above 300 ppb. She rode with me while waiting
for me to fill the truck.

ReedA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. Seeing that healer pup sure makes me miss ours.

sdc eastern ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I love them cab-over Fords. Nice pic's and our yields were about the same.

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We didn't have any quite that bad yet. We still have 40 acres left that was 30% when we switched to beans. Most of ours was 20-60ppb with a couple loads over 150ppb.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had quite a bit on better ground in the 20-28 range. 2 farms of poor dirt 342 and 376. Big dockage Sad

K-stater
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eric,
Where at in KS are you Located? Our farm is South of Lawrence, but we go about every direction from there.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just down the road near Overbrook

yessam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Erik what is your fuel consumtion per acre with the 1660 compared to the 550 we are still leaning to CIH on our replacement to our 550 just wondering ?

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really haven't followed my fuel usage, but from what I have thrown together in my head I'm thinking that I've burned about a gallon an acre with the 1660. Probably 1/3 more fuel, but I have also done twice as much work in half the time. I ran a 6 row corn head and 13ft platform on the 550, run a 6 row and a 20ft platform on the 1660 and have higher ground speeds. Going from the 550 to the 1660 was like going from the A2 Gleaner to the 540, night and day difference.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.