Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ferguson Plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the Ferguson (2)Disk Plow with the crook at end(main pipe) very common. There was a sale today that had one, good tag and as always painted red. At first I thought it was a MF until I saw tag,HF casting in end of main pipe.Couldn't make out model, lot of paint.Sold for $500. I have the AO20 &21.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my friend and i have two disc plows.

the later model MF64 (red) with two disc, bent frame plow, only one i have ever seen.

the other older model straight frame with two disc, the tag on it Ferguson (Same model number as yours).
I have an original owners manual with the gray one.

Both are great old plows, will roll right over roots/rocks, etc: either kicks them out or rolls over them, main thing, they just keep on going without tearing anything up,

I am sure they were great tools to have before the automatic kick back plows came along. Otherwise, you would hang up on the roots/rocks and break/bend something on the plow or tractor.

I would say they are rare as you do not see many of them for sale,

The last series of MF disc plow made uses staight pipe, but has a welded angle joint. This type plow frame would have been much easier to manufacture than bending that large piece of main frame pipe.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can find the AO 20--21's here(Texas).I have several. The plow at sale yesterday had a Ferguson Tag and on end caps had HF casted on both. Does your end caps have it?If yours is a MF 64 were they made as a Ferguson or did someone just add these parts?

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a bent frame 2 bottom for 400 and needs paint, is it worth it?

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one at sale looked just like the AO20 or 21 with the crooked frame. It's not like maxwell99. It what it's worth to you. I didn't think it was $500 for me, may have missed out.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should have said, one at sale didn't have rod on side and this type spring on tail wheel.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i checked mine bent tubed disc plow today.

the tag says MF but the cast end caps are marked with HF.

They be old hold overs from the Ferguson plow days.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would say so, if you want a bent frame mf. Disc plow. Where else could find one?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.