Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver 1850 Frame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Locstein
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be a dumb question? Looking to get a 354 perkins into the 310 gas frame? Can I do this???? I guess the question I have is what is the difference???

Thank You for your input Smile

Eric Locstein
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 310 gas frame is also from an Oliver 1850

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you need an 1850 diesel (Perkins) frame- its apparently wider than the frames for the Waukashas, either gas or diesel. That's why 1850 diesel frame is used for Cummins conversions- needs the extra room.

OliverNate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

from what i recall from seeing other post on this form a 1850 with perkins had alot of parts that were particular to that tractor only don't remember what excatly but pretty sure someone said if you wana swap to the perkins you better have a 1850 parts tractor that originally had the perkins

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look at the two frames side by side. You will see major differences. Now I have a dumb question: What model 354 Perkins are you going to use and is it a 4 point or a 3 point mount? I would not use a 354 out of an 1850, but if you use the 1850 frame you will need an 1850 parts engine.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would it not make morse sense to trade for an 1850 diesel or a White with a Perkins instead of doing what you are asking about? Is this to farm with or a tractor to go pull with?

Eric Locstein
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, We had taken the Perkins out and added an 5.9 to the tractor. So now the Perkins is just laying in our shop. Found an 1850 with a 310 gas that was available to buy, but apparently the 310 gas frame won't work.....You fellas just saved me a bunch of headaches, so Thank You Smile

kevinecwi

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1850 Frame Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that Perkins for sale?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.