Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paint Opinions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Langus
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today after making some good progress on re-assembly of the TE 20, we were sitting around admiring our work and got to discussing the paint for the tractor. We were talking about the possibility of making a "two tone" Ferguson. The main body of the tractor being a darker grey and the sheetmetal being the "traditional" Ferguson grey. What are your guy's thought on that? Keep in mind that it is not going to be in competitions etc. Does any body have some pics they would like to post of their paint jobs? Thanks!

PackardV8
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about gold with black sheet metal and just enuf chome or SS trim here and there to make it flash??? Grey and marroon is alsways nice color combo too.

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did the wife's TO-20 in the '35 colors of red/Gray.
It got pretty much painted and I am about to tear it down again for some rework and squirt it another color or two. Rustoleum is good for a working tractor because the paint is readily available for a touch up and cheap enough.
The gray will winmd up being. . .(?) I forgot. Bronze? The red might wind up Royal Red. I just did Sunrise red on an 8N. A bit light, not quite the deeper red she might like.
Clear coat works good to bring out shine on Satin paint if that is the only color option/style you can get from Rustoleum.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why do people like to change the colour of these little tractors? Sacrilege as far as I am concerned, but that is my view. No=one thinks of painting their John Deere blue and white nor painting their International green and violet, yet all over America I see these Fergies customised. If you do a really nice paint job in original grey and highlight the steering wheel and coil in black with the black hoses and shiny hose clips,silver zinc plate the wheel nuts and then redo your chrome so the tractor sparkles, it looks real good ......plus you have added to the value rather than devaluing your steed!
My tuppence worth
Sam

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"to each his own"

i prefer originality but what the heck; whatever floats your boat.

wforpm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it's because it reminds us of Battle ship gray. There is nothing wrong with original colors if thats what you like. BUT it's better to see a freshly painted fergy running that a rusted fergy in a field not. My2cents

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh come on SAM! A little red on the 30 isn't so gaudy is it? The narrow guys all had blue racing stripes didn't they? And the turf 20 was nearly as loud when new...and the gorgious 3165 came from the factory in 'I love New York Thruway Aurthority' blue... and yellow...and black.... and silver and....

jfnewt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21902222@N07/4715070823/in/set-72157623639099423

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21902222@N07/4715069975/in/set-72157623639099423/

my green is the right color but it still looks good on 1955 TO35

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony can't get away from the circus he remembers coming to town when he was a child....He really liked those vivid colours!!!!!!
LOL....Sam
PS as long as it is restored and working and you don't paint it green with yellow wheels I can accept it!

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That first Pecosso looks more like a Ginny Wasp!!

jfnewt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Paint Opinions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hope these post

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.