Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What is this part?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemery

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1950 TO-20. Hydraulics quit working the other day. I discovered the fluid to be milky from water. I drained all three areas,and this piece fell out the large center hole. What is it?
Also, can I flush with ATF.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If there is suppose to a picture, it didn't show up.

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hit the advanced posting options, below in blue, to get your pic added

Jeff-oh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes you can flush with ATF/ kero/ or diesal

Jeff

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Without the picture, My guess is it is the end of the control valve!
Sam

Bendee

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are struggling with the picture posting, refer to "Tractor Talk".
"Posting pictures" by Super 99 10/28/12 [probably page 4 or 5 ]
refer to "El Toro" reply. Click the reference, There you have the procedure.

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can flush with any oil based fluid, but NEVER diesel or kerosene as it won't all drain out due to the shape of the bottom of the housings and when you add you new oil it will be diluted immediately. So ATF or engine flushing oil is OK but drain it when the oil is HOT as possible or you will not drain out as much of the crud as you could do, leave draining overnight. If you have water in the system then you should consider fitting a rubber boot to the bottom of the gear change lever to prevent more water getting in. You can get one from this site. The other place that water enters is at the bottom of the Draft Spring at the back of the seat, the felt seal is hard and worn after all these years. The usual part that becomes detached is the Tee Bar on the Control Valve, this fits between the two legs of the Control Fork that hangs down from the Top Cover and is connected to the Hyd Quadrant Lever, if it is no longer connected then it can't move the Control Valve. It is likely that the Pump will need to be dropped out as you can't always re-fit the Control Valve while the Pump is still in the tractor. It could also have an Oscillator attached which makes it even more of a problem. If you would like written information with pictures about repairing this problem, just email me and I will send it....John(UK)...fergusontractors@hotmail.com

Jeff-oh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this part? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A third place I find water infiltration on the TO-20"s is the shift plate cover. If it has been removed and the paper seal was damaged or removed. Rain can collect in the roll between the cover and the steering colums and seep in. The TE"s with a solid cast cover/column shead water better.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters