Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Password change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave9252
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, i tried to change my password after i've had a security problem else where internet based. Your system won't allow me to change it.
I'd rather change it by choice than nessesity.
Many thanks.
Dave

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave,

You can log into modern view and click Profile to change it.

Thanks,
Chris

730 virgil
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is this going to work?

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it does. I'd keep the password fairly simple if you are going to use classic view (for example, alpha and numerics). If you use modern, it can be pretty much anything.

But the modern and classic share the files so you can change your profile over on modern and still use classic.

dave9252
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have tried that several times, and i get a blank page with "Unsupported browser id, contact us".

Your help will be appreciated

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave,

Try going back in there and just changing the password. That error my be a security thing to catch spammers, if you enter signature or website, I think it may trigger it. As far as solving it, email (to support at ytmag.com) me what link you are trying to put in and I'll look into what is happening with it. But if you just change password, it should not have any problem.

Thanks,
Chris

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One possibility on this, I may be wrong, but that error you got should only happen if you are trying to register and accidentally trigger a spam filter. Are you using the "Log in" and "Profile", or clicking on "Register"? You don't have to register to use modern view, instead just log in using your Classic username and old password.

dave9252
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No i am not using the register button. i am going into the profile and trying to change the password. I'm not entering any website information. Just my present password and the new 1.. It just won't allow me to.

Dave

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try a different new password. The error is hitting a spam filter. The password must be triggering that. In fact, even the old password may be at fault. If that's the case, contact me by email and we will arrange a temporary password.

In the meantime, I'll look for the bug. It shouldn't be checking the password for spam.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm researching why you got that error. One problem was the message was used in several places. I've changed that so it gives an error number now. It will now saw "Error nn" where nn is an error number that means something specific to me. Tell me what number you get if it happens again.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave,

I have done some tests and can't reproduce what you are getting. I don't think it is the password as I'd thought. If you can contact me by email, I would like to try some things with your username. My email is support at ytmag.com.

Thanks,
Chris

dave9252
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris,
I just re-tried it with a different 'new' password and it seems to have accepted it.
Many thanys for your help and assisstance with this matter.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Password change Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hmmm, that's disturbing since even using a spam word as a test password, I wasn't able to get it to fail. Hopefully I won't see it again.

Thanks,
Chris

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.