Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of sprayer is this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faster346
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea what kind of sprayer this is? Did a google search on the numbers on these tags but came up empty handed. I'd like to get some knowledge on it and get it working, it would come in great handy as a water sprayer on my farm which is 90% light sand very dusty. Here's a few pictures. Looks like it's been sitting a long while. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what "kind" of sprayer it is.
All spray rigs have a roller pump, like that one, then a distribution manifold,(L.R, C, LC, RC,RL.)
pressure regulatoe, booms and nozzles.
If you are thinking about spraying water for irrigation forget it. The soil will be dry by the time you get back around to it. 20 gals per acre would be the top you could apply. Maybe rig it with 1 1/2 in hose for watering trees.
Go to a farm store and look at a complete new rig. Take pictures and make drawings.

Faster346
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GordoSD wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:24:21 10/22/12) It doesn't matter what "kind" of sprayer it is.
All spray rigs have a roller pump, like that one, then a distribution manifold,(L.R, C, LC, RC,RL.)
pressure regulatoe, booms and nozzles.
If you are thinking about spraying water for irrigation forget it. The soil will be dry by the time you get back around to it. 20 gals per acre would be the top you could apply. Maybe rig it with 1 1/2 in hose for watering trees.
Go to a farm store and look at a complete new rig. Take pictures and make drawings.

I will do that. I have a 1/4 mile round track out back that horse boarders use to jog their race horses on. It's all sand. When they're out on it training or jogging horses on hot dry days after a period of no rain, it gets very dusty. I just thought maybe we could spray the sand down just to damp it to keep the dust down a bit.

Last edited by Faster346 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
tractormiallis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For just watering down a horse track, it might work. Looks like it needs hose and nozzles on the booms though. If the pump works, and you rigged it with new line and went slowly with the nozzles open enough it would wet the soil down SOME. Keep in mind you need to get it rather resonably as you will put a few $ into it.

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

check local auctions for a water truck...cities,county,road builders sale their used trucks and would work perfect for your use...i've seen them go for $500. to 1500 in beat up but runnable condition.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's got $100 of iron in it,thst's wht it's worth. Well, if the pump is good, you could go $150, but bet it needs a rebuild, $100 or less would be better. I got an old beater like that (slightly different, but about the same) for $300, and all the parts listed below were there and it was working for a reference....

You'll need some bigger hose between the pump and the tank, x2.

You'll need a 'pressure regulator/ on-off/ up to 3 diff lines controller' in one side of the hose - simple manual one should be fine.

You'll need some smaller hose from the regulator to the booms, with lots of pipe clamps and the plastic Tee noozle holders. Oh, and clamps to hold the holders to the bar you have.

You'll need the nozzles and strainers that fit into the Tee holders.

Pretty much it.

All of that is available in bulk from any TSC, Fleet & Farm, etc; or any good real farm dealership of any color. You can mail order it all from several sprayer specialty mail order places as well.

Won't really matter what brand it is, tho I'm sure you'd like to know anyhow.

As others say, you'll get a bit less results than you might think, but if you get higher output nozzles than most spray folks would want & drive slow, I guess you could get a little dust control to be worthwhile.

--->Paul

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would take a LOT of water to make any difference; way back when, we had a commercial peach orchard. The peach shed (most peaches were sold locally) was about 300 yds off of the county road.....on a dirt road. I mounted a 2 inch pipe that was about 10 ft long, with lots of small holes drilled in it......crossways....on the rear of a 750 gallon nurse tank and used it to help control the dust. Used a tankful of water every morning......

sdc eastern ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Appears to be a Century that is missing a lot of parts.

Ralph Bauer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might want to look into a very large nurse tank or an old highway water truck/tank or an old, but still pumping fire truck......

Faster346
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of sprayer is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies fellas. After reading about how little it would actually do what I wanted it to do I may just scrap it. I got nothin' into it, it's just been sitting out back on my farm.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.