Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antique Harvest Days postponed...again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Antique Harvest Days show near Ottumwa, IA has been postponed once more. We are once again going to try for NEXT weekend, November 3 and 4 (Saturday and Sunday), weather permitting. I will post updates as soon as something changes. It rained all day yesterday at the show site and it's simply too wet to have it this weekend. Mike

Charlie M
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You guys will be into antique planting if you don't get this harvest stuff done pretty soon. What do you guys harvest at this event. Will someone get some pictures to post?

john deere haverstor guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Next week is looking good. 50 degree weather.
We Harvest corn and soy beans. Come see a JD 36A with a #25 mounted picker in action. There should be a working JD 17 combine combining beans. There will be a JD Insilage cutter hooked to a 36A cutting corn. Alond with the JD GP on steel hooked to the #10 picker. And there maybe with a bit of luck a JD #21 2 row picker hooked up to what ever is avaible, picking corn.

d282
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Mike, is your show featuring John Deere this year or will there be other colors?
Thanks

JD8020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

harvestor guy, Is this the ensilage cutter you were looking for wheels for a while back? What did you do to fix the PTO u joint? Mine is twisted just like yours. Thanks, Roger

john deere haverstor guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup its the same one. Its ready to go. I broke a big sprocket cutting corns stalks with it but John Deere had 1 left in stock. As far as the drive shaft being twisted i think that i suppose to be like that. I have seen it on some of the #10 cornpickers to. I got rid of the twist and then figured that out, although it seems to run just fine with a square shaft in it. Did you ever get you ensialge cutter operational?

JD8020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I almost had mine ready then discovered a couple of the boards that hold the bottom gathering sprockets were rotted-out. I have not done anything more to it. My wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Surgery was successful, but that took most all of my free time. So I have not done any more to the ensilage cutter. What did you use for wheels? Thanks, Roger

john deere haverstor guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Antique Harvest Days postponed...again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used threshing machine wheels. There 3 inches shorter and 2 inches short on the width to. But they look right. I can put it on rubber if i steal the tires rims and centers off my #21 picker.The 21 and elsilage cutters are brothers in that respect. They share the same wheels.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.