Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

550 front engine cover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don K.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to update my Oliver 550 tractor SN# 123203-519, to a lip type front crankshaft oil seal. It is my understanding that the later Waukesha engine used the lip type seal in the front engine cover. Does anyone on this board have any knowledge of this or may have done this modification? Also I need a part number and supplier for a water pump rebuild kit, pump casting number 190160.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes they did have those kits. If it rains tonight I will get my service bulletins out and get you the part number. I will give you a word of caution. I never did a 550, mostly 1650 & 1800 tractors. You may need to prop up the engine and slide the front frame ahead so the double pulley will clear the frame. On your water pump. 190160 was also used on the 88 models. The seal is failry common. You may be better off buying the bearing from a bearing house as kits from Agco are not cheap, You can buy aftermarket pumps cheaper than the kits. Send me a phone number we can talk more on these subjects.

RCP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you go to Ebay, there is a gentleman in western PA, who rebuilds water pumps. He does good work and his prices are fair. Turns out he is supplying most of the rebuilt pumps for the dealers in Pa and Ohio.

Rich

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

don, you can get a lip type seal for your cover from Korves Oliver 618-939-6681. you don't even have to remove the cover to install it, just ask them how to do it. chuck

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kit number 165 465-AS. Used 0n 550/660, 770/880, 1550/1600/1650 tractors. On your waterpump you will need to resurface the seat in the casting otherwise it is just replacing parts.

Don K.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: 550 front engine cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have the cover off and yes I had to remove the engine to frame bolts and raise the engine to get the pulley off. If you have service bulletins please send to my e mail. 4kempkes@rhelectric.net
Iíll probably go with rebuilt water pump. 40 years ago I worked for a Case dealership and we would rebuild the pumps in house. The kits back then came with bearing and ceramic seal assy. I havenít checked with Agco, yes they are proud of their parts $$.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.