Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At the time I got up this A.M...(4:45mst)....the front porch was dry, but it had already started comin' down.
At, 6:25, I measured the snow on the porch......(dang close to 4", and still falling)....REALLY wet and heavy snow!!!
Hang onto yer shovels....I think it's gonna be a VERY white Christmas, this yr.!!!
For those of you, that have already ask......here is the FIRST snowcake pic., of this yr.!!
Check back in about a wk., or two for an update!!! Laughing

The ground is still not frozen enough to use the plow......instead, I'll be about an hour...knockin' the white stuff off of the tent shed roofs', to keep the snow from collapsing the tops down!!

Gary

8N'r--WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gary----28 degrees here this AM, but clear forecasts for the week. I"ve got the plow ready for anything that can be thrown at me this year.....I hope....

Nice pics....how do you post a nice sized pic like yours as compared to the dinky ones like the one I sent last week....cell phone pic could be the issue??

Keep warm---Tim

Kornfused

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

28 and a skim of ice of the chickens water. Supposed to get up to 49 today. Plan to get my plowing finished and the back blade on the tractor today.

rd 2N in mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

STOP IT.
We don't need that stuff here in St.Louis.
Just frost on the windshield so far and I can wait for 60 days before the snow cake gets to the 2N here.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use, 'Photo-Bucket sizing for all my pix. P...B.... setting has an upload sizing list, that you can set, for all the uploads. The one I use is the medium setting....And ya don't have to size yer pix on you computer.....just set size on yer camera.....then when you upload to P...B..., the sizing is automatic by what ever ya set on P...B...

Gary Wink

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kornfused wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:25:20 10/27/12) 28 and a skim of ice of the chickens water. Supposed to get up to 49 today. Plan to get my plowing finished and the back blade on the tractor today.

Frank;
SO....I take it that our email discussions, at least got yer "N" running???? Hope that is right!!!
Still, have not used your, 'Gift Card', at the Steakhouse yet.!!!!! Shocked Too dang busy, but will take pix and send them, when Lesie and I go to dinner!!!!
Thanks again, for the card. Leslies BDay is on the 12, of Nov., Maybe THEN!!!
That's what we are planning!!!

Gary Very Happy

Kornfused

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gary, sounds like a double birthday celebration!!! I am still at the point where it runs better with the plow in the ground (under load) than not. Things could be worse ha ha!

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gary, we woke this morning to more rain, looks like the next week will be rain and it WILL head your direction. Going hunting next week and hope for a few inches of the white stuff. I am setting up a weather station today and got everything working except the rain gauge. Looks like i get to start over on the set up!!
Post some daylight pictures!!

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last year we had 30" on haloween day here in NH. today it's 50 deg. and expecting rain and wind tomorrow thru tuesday thanks to sandy.

Jim SC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gonna a be a cold snap here Monday evening with temps all the way down to 40 degrees here, Gary. I haven't got my snowplow hooked up yet!

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's that time of year, I guess. We had about an inch on the ground Thursday morning. It was mostly melted by the afternoon. I was putting in gate posts yesterday afternoon amid slight flurries.

Njoy the snow, Gary!

Colin, MN

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: OT...Winter is HERE...first 'Snow Cake' pic. 2012 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same here, since the 'drought' ended we've gotten 6 1/2 ", and more coming. Only a couple of 1/2 days of sun.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters