Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hay man we need straw

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this handle that is on the dash lower left side. that
connects to a rod going down to a spring which then turns into
this little rod that goes into the bell housing doesn't seem like it
does much of anything there is no tension on it any ideas?

Thanks

Hey

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to add it goes in by clutch. So i imagine it has something to do with that

Thanks

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hay man we need straw wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:17:47 10/27/12) I have this handle that is on the dash lower left side. that
connects to a rod going down to a spring which then turns into
this little rod that goes into the bell housing doesn't seem like it
does much of anything there is no tension on it any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds like something that has been added. Can you post a picture?

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this a Fleetline 77 or a Super 77? The first thing that came to my mind was the rod to engage and disengage the belt pulley. If your tractor does not have the gearbox for the pulley maybe at one time it did.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They had an optional hand clutch didn't they? I think I remember Sherry showing one in the magazine one time and even telling what the option cost.

Hay man we need straw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This rod going into the housing is very small. The handle starts out big. About 7/16 inch. Then it goes to this spring that straitens out into the housing about 1/8 inch rod. Ill try and post some pics tomorrow. I dont believe it to be a hand clutch. But i think it has something to do with being it goes into the housing about 1 inch next to the foot clutch rod

Thanks again

Hay man we need straw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1950 oliver 77 rowcrop

Carlton Grambo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It sounds like it is the pulley engagement lever like on our 77 Row Crop.

Hay man we need straw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 unknown lever on dash Reply to specific post Reply with quote

added pic to new thread

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.