Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

putting together a 4010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4010 farmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have an old 4010 that i want to do a little pulling with. i am hoping to get it to 6500. it will be a tough farm or hot farm. i am going to use a 404 block that i have setting around that came out of a 4430. i don't want to invest a ton of money. what the best way to get some good h.p. i have an a pump that will run 3,000. i also have some re-tiped injectors. what would be a good turbo, and what else would help. i am looking for 4-5 h.p. if possible

Ray Tellin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A S300 Switzer or HX50 Holset would be a good choice.

4010 farmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does that turbo bolt on to the regular manifold, or would i need a manifold off a 55 series engine?

Ray Tellin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will need a 55 series manifold. Get the intake also.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use the 55 series head too with the better flowing ports.

4010 farmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i only have a 404 block, i don't think the 55 series head will bolt up to it. what is the diffrence between the 30 series intake and the 55 series? also, what do you think about using the intercooler?

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ports are way different. That's why the 466's could get enough airflow to make power without excessive boost.
Air to air intercooler a very good idea in front of rad but room is limited. An electric pusher fan will be needed to make the air flow.
May have to toss the factory fuel tank , oil cooler etc.

Ray Tellin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since your not looking to spend a lot I would just do the 55 series exhaust manifold with a turbo from a 8000 series JD. That would be the S300 turbo. You could probably pick these up for under $500. You should be able to get to that 400-500 hp area with this setup. What size A pump do you have?

Ray Tellin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One other thing is you're going to need is a better clutch. Investing in a steel flywheel is a good idea. That stock flywheel you are using is 50 years old now and has probably been surfaced once or twice and probably has heat stress cracks all over it. Rusch from Illinois sells steel flywheels and crower clutches for your 4010. I know your not spinning it real fast but the heat from slipping the clutch out of the hole is usually the main reason most flywheels come apart.

4010 farmer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a 10mm A pump set up to run 3200 rpms. i also have retipped injectors that where done by wimer fuel injection. thanks for all the info and sorry for the long reply, i just got my power back from that hurricane sandy

830 man

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: putting together a 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a billet flywheel and crower 3 disc clutch i might part with. Also have a 466 bare p- pump block. If interested e-mail me

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.