Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8n gill on 9n tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petey156
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: 8n gill on 9n tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some places sell 8n grills and they say that they will fit 2n/9n tractors with modification. Does anyone know what hat modification is?

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 8n gill on 9n tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The late '41' and '42' 9N grills look the same as the 8N grills but mount quite differently.
The 8N has two spring loaded pins to mount to the hood and a tab on each side at the bottom to fit inside the doglegs. The late 41 and 42 9N has 3 small pins at the top to fit in the hood and a bracket on each side at the bottom to bolt to the doglegs. Probably easier to try and find the correct grill than to try and modify one or the other. Maybe someone that has done this modification will reply to your post.

Flatlanderfool
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 8n gill on 9n tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As Del stated, the lower hinges and top locking tabs are different. My biggest problem was reshaping the angle of the grill to match the angle it required to fit between the two dog legs. The bottom solid pc of tin wasn't difficult to reshape, all the grill rods were. I cut them loose, reshaped at the right angle and migged them back so when the grill was snapped in the sides, bottom and top sections all matched the dog legs, hood and bottom hinges section.

Petey156
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 8n gill on 9n tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

. I am having a hard time installing my grill. Part of my problem is that my dog legs are both rusted bad. Could some post up or email me a close up picture of is area. And maybe one of how the top tabs attach.

Thank you

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 8n gill on 9n tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you trying to install a 8N original grill or an after market 8N grill on a 9N? Here is a picture of the lower part of a '43' 2N dogleg. Is this what you were looking for? The hole at the bottom of the dogleg is where the grill should bolt to the dogleg. It takes a 5/16 fine thread bolt 3/4 inch long.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.