Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air ride cab on a 2390

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclesteve
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am replacing the brake discs on one of our 2390s and after sawing off the bolt that holds the rubber bushing or as case calls it , shock absorber, I got to thinking. Since a new shock absorber is $50, why not replace it with an air bag like the cab of our Freightliner?

I think that I can replace both rear mounts with air bags. Hook in an equalizer valve and lines to a small 12 volt compressor. I have a small air tank I can hook in.

This might sound frivolous , but it is not. I ruptured 2 discs in my back in 2000 and had surgery to enable me to walk without a limp. 2 years ago I reruptured one of those discs. An MRI showed all my lumber discs are bulged and I now have arthritis in my hip and back. Currently I get about 3 epidural shots each year. Narcotic pain meds help me through most days. My doctors are working with me to hopefully keep me from having a fusion. I have lost 60 pounds, huge help.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It could work as long as it doesn't stretch your control cables too
far and get things out of wack

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be thinking about it Staying in PARK ! Being the Cab Height would be Changing with the Air Pressure ?

case trader
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have gave the same thing a lot of thought, you would have to change the park to a cable, and i suppose the steering lines would need to flex, the ones on the late model tractors are simple most use a coilover shock as seen in most race cars, you will probably need a stablizing rod to help keep the motion up an down not sideways the ones under pete and KW sleepers look perfect,if a person could get it air tight he wouldn't need a air source.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I understand you wanting it to ride better but one thing to think about, the Iso-mount is part of the roll-over protection I do not believe air bags would keep the cab solid enough to keep it from possibly seperating from the tractor in a complete rollover, the cab ROPS would stay intack it just might not be with the tractor just my thoughts cnt

Jimmie D. Phelps
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case sells a Air ride seat. I put one in my 2590 and have one in my 9230. Would do a better job than your idea.

unclesteve
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Air ride cab on a 2390 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some important points everyone has brought up. I didn't think about the park.

I think that leaving the front mounts as is will keep the cab pretty much in place, much like the hinge on the front of the FL.

This tractor has a FL seat in it. It has no air in it as right now my feet just hit the floor. I need to either remove the under seat tool box or use a seat with a lower profile suspension. The seat is much better than the stock seat in the other 2390 we have.

I have a Case air ride seat in the 4490. It is a vast improvement over any other seat I have ridden in.

I was thinking about how much the FL ride was better than our International truck which has the air suspension but not air ride cab.

This is the seat I think I will try next. My parts guy at Case told me the Case seat is a Sears.

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product.asp?selcategory=29&p_gpID=216

I appreciate all the input.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.