Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know a good way to clean or wash ball caps?

I think most people probably just throw them away and get a new one, but I'd got a couple that I'd like to clean up without damaging them - especially the bill.

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wash my caps 4 or 5 times before I replace them. My wife use to wash them in washer but it ruined the bills of caps. I now put them in a sink and wash them by hand in warm water and laundry soap and hang them on clothes line till dry.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife washes mine in the washing machine in a plastic form and doesn't have a problem. The form prevents them from getting damaged and it helps retain the shape. I believe she got the form at Walmart.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stephen Newell wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:50:14 10/29/12) My wife washes mine in the washing machine in a plastic form and doesn't have a problem. The form prevents them from getting damaged and it helps retain the shape. I believe she got the form at Walmart.

works real good in the dishwasher or with a steamcleaner or pressure washer also....

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only time I'm not wearing a cap, is in bed, but I've been known to fall a sleep in my chair with my cap on. Laughing
Over the years I've tried everything, even those plastic molds! I wash my caps by hand.

Michael Soldan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wash caps all the time,especially in the summer when I sweat a lot..a cap can get pretty rank. I ball up old newspaper about the size of a noggin so the cap keeps its shape. I wash them in the laundry tub with a scrub brush and laundry soap,rinse in hot water and stuff with nespaper ball and set them out on the deck to dry

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wash mine in the washing machine with my work clothes. Take them and put them on a cannister nto dry. Sometimes put a rubber band on the bill but not always. My hats/caps are fuctional only.(to cover my bald head) I make no fashion statements with my caps gobble

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wash mine in the top rack of the dishwasher. It works good for me.
Kow Farmer

BAnNC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wash "em and dry on a formed rack like the one above. Washing machine works fine.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some you can, some yoy cannot depending on material the bill is made out of. We have had that plastic form for many a year. The cardboard type bill will always go bad, plastic will usually stay good.

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dry Cleaners do a great job on my favorite hats.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tomturkey wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:29:34 10/29/12) Wash mine in the washing machine with my work clothes. Take them and put them on a cannister nto dry. Sometimes put a rubber band on the bill but not always. My hats/caps are fuctional only.(to cover my bald head) I make no fashion statements with my caps gobble

That's how I do it. Just throw 'em in the washing machine with the grungy work clothes, but I learned to NOT put the caps in the dryer. Just place 'em over whatever I can find so they keep their shape and let 'em air dry.

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

for work caps i wash mine while i am in the shower, a little shampoo, an old toothbrush, rinse and hang on shower head overnight. nicer ones eventually replaced and then used for work caps.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dick2, Hand wash, with a small med/stiff bristle brush, & Blue Dawn soap, hang on a door knob / air dry. I don't like the plastic mold thing for it messes up the crease of bill and I don't do flat bills.
Later,
John A.

PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Do wash your caps? (Called ball caps now?) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When mine get dirty, I throw them in the laundry hamper. At least one a week - mebbe two. Sweet wife washes them in the washer, stuffs a bath towel in them, and sets them on a shelf to dry. I wear them 'til they're frazzled. Like Tom sez - not a fashion statement, just a cover for a bald head.

An old joke - sure to rile someone - but it's a joke:

Know why farmer's cap bills are curled?

It's from looking in the mailbox for a government check. . .

It's a joke!!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.