Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dc4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeintn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been looking at pictures of dc4 and some of the front axles looks to mount up under the front of the tractor and some looks to have a big cast piece that bolts to the front of the tractor and the axle sets farther forward, is that something that changed different years? if so when did they change? hope I said that right lol.

Tommy Railsback
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The late DC4's had the axle mounted forward with the heart shaped casting. I don't know the serial number where the change occurred.

JohnDY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, they did change to the "heart" shaped casting, not sure of the exact year but believe most of the 50's tractors had it. Ours was a 49 and didn't have it.

mikeintn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thanks guys thats what I was thinking looking at the pictures that they changed to that in the latter years, come to think of it some had a foot clutch also, wonder if that was changed the same time as the axle? Mike

casenut1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my DC4 is a 54 model and has the front axle back under the front end.was told it was changed to accommodate the weights for the forklift.

namdc3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I remember right, the heart casting first appeared in 1952, but it could have been 1951. I think it was 1952, though. The added weight of eagle hitch implements in the rear prompted the added weight and change of location for the front end. The heart setup was also available in kit form to convert earlier tractors. Foot clutch DCs came out later.

Dale in nw wa.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: dc4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 53 DC started it's life as a DC3 with front end way out there it was changed to a DC4 with axle under radiator. Also mine has a foot clutch. If it helps you my Serial number starts with DC 802 This tractor was built in March 1953

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.