Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gold Demonstrator Color?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am building a model Gold Demonstrator pulling tractor. Just wondering what spray bomb I should use for the gold color? Thanks.

Bermuda Ken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH gold.

MCL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn"t know there was such a thing. Thanks.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do the tractor some justice and use a spray gun, not aerosol cans. Someone will have the code. The Red Power Magazine forum has more info.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken, I know you have had at least a few hundred questions about this but how are the OEM mufflers coming?

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CNKS wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:39:49 10/30/12) Do the tractor some justice and use a spray gun, not aerosol cans. Someone will have the code. The Red Power Magazine forum has more info.

He is building a SCALE MODEL pulling tractor.

MCL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am building a toy 1/16 scale tractor. Guess I should have been a little more clear. I wouldn't even attempt to spray bomb a big tractor-especially something as rare as a demonstrator.

I am mainly an Oliver guy. That's why I am here asking about the gold paint. When it comes to the toys I'll buy anything I think I can rebuild and make a few bucks on. Right now I am working on a 1466, 5488, 1456, Case 2594, JD 5020, and White American. All pullers. Also got a cool custom Oliver 1855 and 1950T in the works.

W.Brehm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MCL wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:18:40 10/30/12) I am building a model Gold Demonstrator pulling tractor. Just wondering what spray bomb I should use for the gold color? Thanks.

If there's a NAPA near you, Duplicolor gold will work and be close to the original gold color paint.

Faster346
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MCL wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:42 10/30/12) I am building a toy 1/16 scale tractor. Guess I should have been a little more clear. I wouldn't even attempt to spray bomb a big tractor-especially something as rare as a demonstrator.

CNKS wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:39:49 10/30/12) Do the tractor some justice and use a spray gun, not aerosol cans. Someone will have the code. The Red Power Magazine forum has more info.

Guess mine has no justice. I rattle canned 100% of this tractor. You just have to know what you're doing and it will come out amazing. Wet sanding goes a long way too.

MCL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are better than me. I used spray cans on a pedal teactor this summer and had a hard enough time getting it to look good.

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Faster346 wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:46:37 10/30/12)
MCL wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:42 10/30/12) I am building a toy 1/16 scale tractor. Guess I should have been a little more clear. I wouldn't even attempt to spray bomb a big tractor-especially something as rare as a demonstrator.

CNKS wrote:

Guess mine has no justice. I rattle canned 100% of this tractor. You just have to know what you're doing and it will come out amazing. Wet sanding goes a long way too.

Just because it looks good in pictures doesn't mean the paint will last. For one thing the thickness of that "paint job" is next to nothing. I would prefer a bad HVLP paint job than a rattle can restoration.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Demonstrator Color? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, I missed the word model.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.