Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought we fared well - never even lost power - until I took my morning damage assessment tour. Ooops - darn shop is barely 3 years old!!! Looks like damage is limited to a few roof panels, the outer steel purlin on the overhang, and some soffit so not real bad. I hope they mean it when they say: "State Farm is on your side"!!!

TOH

tn8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks in the pic like it's laying on the Kubota, is it ok? we have state farm too and we have had very good experiences with them.
we got really lucky with a tree falling, there was only one direction it could fall and not hit either my house, the neighbor's house, the fence. or the power lines, and that's the way it fell. missed evrything.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tn8n wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:35:54 10/30/12) looks in the pic like it's laying on the Kubota, is it ok? we have state farm too and we have had very good experiences with them.
we got really lucky with a tree falling, there was only one direction it could fall and not hit either my house, the neighbor's house, the fence. or the power lines, and that's the way it fell. missed evrything.

The Kubby wasn't touched. That tree was dead and scheduled for removal for this very reason. Unfortunately Sandy beat me to it.

TOH

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't forget you have the sing that jingle to have it work. Like a good neighbor start farm it there. Now sing it and see if it works. By the way I had state farm years ago and found that they where like my neighbor pis$ poor at best

Dave McBride
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My advice ... Don't tell the insurance agent the tree was dead!

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm glad it wasn't any worse TOH.
I would be interested to know how it works out with SF, I have my insurance through them as well.

NoNewParts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bummer
how come we can have sheds 100 years old and the
storms hit the new stuff.....
as for the Ins, be firm with them.
adjusters are just salesman in reverse, you
have to haggle with them sometimes.
new building, they must have been there before, and saw all
your trees, and wrote the policy anyway, so you should be good.
good luck

pikewi
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been in insurance claims for over 30 years. it's not how it used to be. You won't have any problem with fair treatment I'm sure. Adjusters aren't salesman in reverse anymore. They are there to help. Problems are rare anymore from what I see. If one crops up, give me a holler.
Pike

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MacNaughtons!!!
Smile

duey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sooo, NEXT year... after drying a while, you can BURN that bad boy to help stay WARM********

You'll get the last word!

duey

Charnerl
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If tree is dead or living doesn't make any difference. The adjusters are so busy up there that they will probably just drive by and throw money out the car window.

howdy1960
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sandy visits the Garaj Mahal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sandy"s wind only knocked 2 smaller trees that landed on my fence line. 5 minutes with saw took care of that. Good thing got saw running just last week Smile

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.