Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi. I'm new here. Just purchased a nice (in my opinion) Farmall A.

I'm now finding out that someone took off a lot of useful parts to make it into a parade tractor. I'm lacking the rear rockshaft (or whatever its called), master lift assembly package. Nothing to connect implements except a drawbar.

I'm trying to find these parts but in the meantime I'm also looking for a plow/disc to plow my front field for veggies. I figure I need a drawbar plow and I'll just rig up a loop bracket out of heavy steel and use a comealong to lift.

I could use some advice and guidance on how to do this and where to find implements.

Thanks!

Jason

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rocksaft is not a part of the tractor but different rockshafts were used such as the one for the Cultivator and its not the samw as the one used for the Moldboard plow whether the plow was a single bottom or a two-way. Same thing for a middle buster a planter and the list goes on. There were two ways to lift the implements either a spring loaded lever or the Pneumatic Lift-All which used exhausst system for lifting all implements that were available for the A F armall.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one row cult and also a veggie model that will do 2-4 rows Both are hand lift or exhaust lift

selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gene bender wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:59:27 10/30/12) I have one row cult and also a veggie model that will do 2-4 rows Both are hand lift or exhaust lift

Gene

Thanks for responding. Is the spring lift part of the implement or part of the tractor. I'll take a picture later today and post it. I understand how the implement connects to the drawbar but I can't see how it lifts. I'm new to this. Always used three points on Dad's farm.

Thanks

Jason

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot depends on where you are. I am in Missouri and have a 1 bottom plow that is made to fit an A but shipping it much of any place will cost big time

selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Western Kentucky. Not too far away.

Jason

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know I will never use this plow. I am at the Lake of the Ozarks area and my e-mail is always open

ken house
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

some use A and Super A as one in the same tractor. does your tractor have hydraulics? if so super A.

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Gene, Where are you located? What is the condition of the veggie cultivator....please call me at 320-468-6474 Thankyou

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not on an A.

ncfarmer16
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ive got a Farmall A plow and some other parts. If your interested, send me a email

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no "master lift" system for an A. Every implement has its own lift system, so if you don't get ALL the parts with a particular implement, it is useless.

mwilke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are willing to travel, try "JP Tractor Salvage" in Fredricktown, MO. They have quite an inventory of old Farmall stuff.

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

selfsuffgrdnr wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:55:24 10/30/12) Hi. I'm new here. Just purchased a nice (in my opinion) Farmall A.

I'm now finding out that someone took off a lot of useful parts to make it into a parade tractor. I'm lacking the rear rockshaft (or whatever its called), master lift assembly package. Nothing to connect implements except a drawbar.

I'm trying to find these parts but in the meantime I'm also looking for a plow/disc to plow my front field for veggies. I figure I need a drawbar plow and I'll just rig up a loop bracket out of heavy steel and use a comealong to lift.

I could use some advice and guidance on how to do this and where to find implements.

Thanks!

Jason

I was in a similar situation as you. My 41 A came with a loader. Aside from that, just the draw bar. I have a few levers that bolt to the pads but I dont know what they go to, maybe a mower or something. I found a guy that wanted to sell the 16" plow with the lift and a snowplow setup all complete. I jumped on it.

If you can get the lift for the plow, its easy to fab up a 3 point hitch system. I am planning on doing that eventually. Then your options are endless......

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for implements and parts for Farmall A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.