Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cabs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caterpillar guy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will the cab off from an 1466 fit onto an 856? I know I have to pull the fenders and such. not worried about lights and such. Just looking for the wind break for pulling wagons.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It should bolt on. You might need to add some spacers to the front cab mounts. You will definitely need to account for the difference in hood shape in front to close up that gap.

What kind of cab is it?

caterpillar guy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is off of a 1466. Wanted to just cut the wind down pulling wagons to the elevator. The 1466 is on the disk and new tires. The 856 has poor tires and goes a bit faster.
Was not worried about the small stuff like the gap in front. thought maybe the brackets on the axle might be different size or some silly little thing like that.

Thanks

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the axle housings and shape are the same. You've got both tractors so you should be able to measure.

By what cab, I meant the brand/type. Hiniker, Year-A-Round, or factory cab.

FC Andy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can Attest to the fact that the "Diamond" Style cab off a "66 will fit. I put one of those on my 806. To make it "right" you'll need filler plates on the floor boards (at least on an 806) and fillers around the fuel tank. Goes right on, though! -Andy

caterpillar guy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: cabs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess it is factory. Though it may have been made by some body else for them. It is not the old diamond cab. It has the doors that open from the front is white has the little windows on each side of the fuel tank sort of.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.