Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funnel that locks where gas cap goes.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a funnel like I remember folks using a long time ago to fill tractors. It was a big funnel maybe 1 foot in diameter with straight sides for 4 or so inches before narrowing. You removed the tractors gas cap and this funnel was sat in the gas tank opening and turned to lock in place just like the cap. This way it wouldn't move when you were using both hands to hold the 5 gallon jug of gas while pouring. I believe the gas fill opening is pretty standard but the tractors I'd be using it with are a Farmall Cub, Ford 601 and an Allis B. Does anyone know where I can find one now? If you can post me a link I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2x4
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw one recently at Tractor Supply. Surprised me. I have 2 of the original ones so I know the funnel you're talking about.

Joe Octane

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got one that I'm pretty sure came from NAPA.

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris: Here is the one NAPA has it is not cheap. It is $32.95

Locking Funnel at NAPA

BIG RUH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got mine at Rural King

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That one from NAPA has a totally different type of locking system than what my funnel has. Just curious as to how well it works? The funnel I have locks into the gas tank filler neck just the same as the gas cap, and I'm pretty sure the style I have is still available from a Tisco dealer.

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have an original one that came with a 1963 ford tractor i once bought. still has the filtering screen intact. worked great on the old ford, will not work on the kubota.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of those funnels and much prefer it to the funnels available today.

I am not certain if they are still available but would check to see if a GOOD auto parts store can order one for you, e.g., Plews, etc.

Dean

BURT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is one at Amazon.com
Dorman 9 787 Amazon

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got one off fleabay. $20 including shipping. So I'll have to avoid spilling like 6 gallons of gas to pay for it. Smile Well if I avoid spilling it all over me and the tractor I guess that counts for something too. Smile I hope it works.
Behrens Lock on tractor funnel

Steve in VA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red Hill General store shows them for 9.99. Shipping will probably push that up quite a bit.

GVSII
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got one and use it all the time. Hope I don't get a spark!

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You know it would seem to make sense if they were made out of a heavy plastic instead of metal. Then again I hear you can get static sparks filling a plastic can in the back of a pickup. I still fill mine there anyway.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish someone would make a large funnel with a built in fuel filter, not a screen, actual filer. It would kinda be like a britta filter for fuel.

Chris Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Funnel that locks where gas cap goes. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suspect the flow through the filter would be pretty slow.

As for myself anything that fits through the screen is a job for the tractors fuel filter.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.