Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removing cab from 1175

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heaverchris

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: removing cab from 1175 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what do i need to remove the cab from a 70 or a 75 series tractor. i am lookin to purchase a 70 or 75 series tractor but all i can find are units with cabs.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: removing cab from 1175 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will need a set of fenders, and the fuel tank, cover/horizontal support, that bolts to fenders, and deck, unless you cut down the one for the cab version, this rendering the cab useless to someone else. The platform mounts were reinforced with tie bolts clamping the mounts around the rear axles. (a plus for a you with an open station, unless you switch them out also. Then you will need a set of steps, and (last but not least a small tarb to cover the seat, so you don't get a wet Arzz).Those cloth seats that were in cab tractors will soak up a LOT of moisture. HeHe.
Loren

Ron Sa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: removing cab from 1175 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suppose there are a variety of reasons for not wanting a cab. My 1170 came without air conditioning so the enclosed cab was hot in the summer.

For summer, it is somewhat easy to remove the door so I do that. I removed the double links from the back window and made light angle iron links long enough to hold the rear window open 90 degrees. I open the right side window and no more hot cab.

Just finished 3 days of planting wheat and there was a nasty windchill. I put the door back on and closed the windows. Cozy cab for fall and winter.

heaverchris

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: removing cab from 1175 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I want to use the tractor in the woods . its easer geting around in the woods sans cab. the last thing i want is to punh out all the windows with tree branchs. it just seems that all the cases im comeing across are all cab tractors.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: removing cab from 1175 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well if your bent on case then your bent on a case, 1105 Massey's are out there with an open platform as are 220 AC's.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.