Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picker husker ID

View previous topic :: View next topic  
55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What make and model would this be? I'm reasonably sure it's a picker/husker but can't find any tags or part numbers.

steve wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like an old woodbrothers they were a fairly good picker. They were also labeled as a ford later on.I picked a lot of corn with one but now I don't know how hard to get parts.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep,I agree. Woodbrothers. I've picked a few acres in my day with one. Don't know the model. As far as I remember,there was only one. They just made a few improvements in the same design over the years.

pjhulbert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a Wood Bros. corn picker model 16-4. It is an earlier model with the raddle over the husking rolls to move the ears. Mine has rotary paddles over the rolls. The later models were Wood Bros.-Dearborn which was owned by the Ford Motor Company. Yours is missing the cob elevator in the picture. You can see mine (muskegoboy) and several others in action on YouTube. Type in Wood Bros corn picker. It was probably the most popular single row picker in the 40s and 50s; cheap and efficient.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You going to restore it? LOL

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup its a WB. First picker dad had. Me and bro came walking ho me from school one afternoon, and there it sat. Folks worked and wernt home yet. After admiring it we did chores. Imagine
no more picking out the field of corn. We still had to pick the ends, and several middles, BUT once that was done It would do the rest. Dad had problems with that short cross over elevator and put in 2 X 2s over the chains to try to keep the ears from getting under the chain. Worked better after that. He had it a couple years when he got rid of it and got a #24 IHC 2 row mounted That ended any hand picking.

Looks newer than dads. Looks like its all there other than the elevator.

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Picker husker ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When was a young lad remember dad buying a Woods Bro. and telllng mom it was one of the best out there. But wasn't long and he bought a 2MH to put on the M.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.