Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3000 hydraulic pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm having problems with a 3000 style hyd pump.
I can't seem to get it to bleed properly and it chatters when you try to raise the 3 point.
This pump was working fine about a year ago on another tractor but not now.
I have another pump here so I switched out the end cap - part # 17 in the photo - because the pressure lines are different.
It's still chattering.
Both pumps came from working tractors and I doubt they are both bad.
Any suggestions?

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chattering is caused by debris between a check ball and seat, a broken or missing spring, or a damaged cage, ball or seat. Any of those problems can also lead to difficult and/or incomplete bleeding, which can also be caused by a damaged or hard shaft seal. It is not difficult or expensive to install a kit and shaft seal in these pumps. For the price of two kits and some time, you can probably end up with two fully functional pumps.

flyingace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

UD, what do you mean by 'can't get to bleed properly'?

I ask because my hyd pump (same model) is acting similar. If I bleed it enough, I can get the lift to stop chattering and run smoothly. I just recently replaced the shaft seal and that stopped the oil from getting into the hyd fluid, but I wonder if air is still getting past.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I rebuilt the lift cover on my 3000 the hydraulics (lift cover) would not work... The bleeder plug was stuck so I could not bleed it... It has aux hyd. so I worked the aux and immediately the lift started working BUT the lift arms chattered bad... I went and worked the tractor and it quit chattering and has worked perfect for 2 years are more.... My guess its air are something sicking go work it and hope for the best....

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the help fellows.
I have this tractor sold and now this.
Grrr!
Leaving here in a few hours to go deer hunting.
I'll have to deal with it next week.

Greg Wolodkin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good luck with the deer. Almost bagged a 12pt buck with my front bumper driving back from Maryland Sunday night, glad he was smart enough to turn around and saunter back off the road.

Interested to follow this thread as well.. the lift on my 3400 chatters a bit though I've been all through the lift cover. Haven't touched the pump yet. Have worked it a bit but not a lot and it still chatters about the same.

Keep us posted on what you learn. Thanks UD!
Greg

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.