Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rebuilt radiator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ IN WYO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: rebuilt radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

im working on my 1951 8n that hasnt ran in a few years and had the radiator checked shop said it leaked and wanted 350.oo to weld in a new core is that a fair price. i bought a after market a lot cheaper but wanted to keep the orginal one since it was really heavy duty. just curious to see if anyone else had one rebuilt or if they were charging to much RJ IN WYO

Alan in Gretna

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: rebuilt radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just had the original radiator recored for my "44 2N for about $385 at a shop in Omaha, including tax and replacing the overflow tube, so your $350 makes me feel better about my deal.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: rebuilt radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds about right, RJ. The last one that I had recored was $270 but that was about three years ago and prices have increased significantly since.

You will be money and miles ahead having your OEM radiator recored vis a vis an aftermarket radiator.

INSIST upon a flat-fin industrial core. NO automotive type core for your tractor (unless it is a trailor queen)!

Dean

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: rebuilt radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine for the 8N about 2 years ago was $360.

Dave in De
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: rebuilt radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My brother ownes a radiator/air conditioning repair shop. I needed a radiator for my 8n this summer and for him to recore mine it was going to cost about $350/400. the reason for the cost is the origenal radiators have dimond shaped header on the top of the radiator.(meaning the top tank is wider in the center than the ends) but he could get me a new one for $150. recoring a radiator can be very costly now days. most radiators can be purchased new much cheaper than the core for one can be built.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.