Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Put the turbo on my 570

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just finished putting the turbo on my 570. I decided to turn it and run the exhaust out of the side. This made the install much easier for me. Plus my hood is already dented all up so I cant really hurt it. Just wanted to show some pics.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why didn't you rotate the turbo 90 degrees so that you could utilize the front outlet of the exaust manifold to support the exaust system, and utilize the existing hole in the hood? rather than having to cut a new hole in the side of the hood and then have to fab up a mounting system to support the exiting exaust from the Turbo on the LH side of the tractor hood and frame. What you did will work fine, but It won't look stock. I don't know what your plans are with the tractor, Pulling or what, but I like the looks of a "Sleeper". Just my two cents and that's all it is worth.
Loren

830 man

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Curious as to what turbo you used, or what it was originally used on.

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I had rotated it 90 degrees the inlet would have been too close to the fuel tank, unless i wouldve made a sadle for the turbo like you did. I dont have much exhaust pipe to support. Its only gona have a straight pipe with a 90 and a rain cap. The way i did it I didnt have to cut my intake or exhaust manifold, but my bent up hood will get a new hole. I will only using the tractor for work. There is 3 1/2 inches between the hood and the turbo, so I could still run it ouf the original hood hole if i wanted. Sometime in the next 2 weeks ill get it back on the dyno to see what the numbers look like.

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was used on a John Deere 5403 3cyl. 2.9L which I think had 74hp (Engine)

830man

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to see the numbers it puts out. Any pump work?

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just curious, what HP are you looking for and what kind of work will the tractor be doing, Rod.

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I havent done anything to the pump, but someone has. It turns 2400 at wot. I dont know if anything else has been done or not. Ive gota get the egt on it first.

Adirondack case guy.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to knock your legs out from under you. I'm an old fart, forgot that the 530/70s had much larger fuel tanks: As I said, it will work well. Please post pics of the finished project, I'm sure you will be more than satisfied with the performance.
Loren

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im thinking it will make around 60hp. I dont really need anymore power than what I had, I just got the turbo and the tubing for free, so I had to use it. I have a tiller, a 4 bottum blow, blade, and a bush hog. I use it in hay, the garden, and game patches.

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a look at what it takes to run the exhaust through the original hole.

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish that I had a turbo exhaust manifold. flip

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GREAT WORK !!...if any of you gurus find another turbo i have a candidate for the next upgrade..

kwoodrum

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lets us know how much hp you make, i dont think i will do that to my 570 they are to hard to find, we have a 530 i would like to do someday

kwoodrum570

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Put the turbo on my 570 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have a 530 i put a 207 i would like to turbo it someday

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.