Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$3 cordless drill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willys53allis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Picked this up at the local flea market, works great! Seems i'm the only one able to charge the battery on the other cordless one...

MCOHIO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The problem I see here is that I would assume that you will be the only one able to figure out how to use it.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have some like that and can't sell them at a yard sale. Can't figure where the batteries go.

Motorcraftman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You know... It's amazing, I've used one of those more times than I can think,... As most of my Life I'v NOT had a Cordless drill , Now I have all Kinds of Power Tools, But I STILL just grab one of those and "get theJob done" and forget about it, just used to it I Guess LOL! Larry KF4LKU

Brian G. NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The most our "bit and brace" was used for back in the 50s was for tapping maple trees. By that time my Dad had a real good Thor 1/2" electric drill for shop work.
Now, many guys who tap trees around here use chainsaw or weedwacker engines with LH bits mounted to them. Much easier and faster.
I have several "braces" and many wood bits for them but I usually cut off the ends of the bits so I can use them in my electric drills.

DownSouth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3 bucks for a variable speed cordless drill is the bargain of a lifetime! Any idea how long it takes to recharge the battery? For me it's about an hour and two cold barleypops, then good for one or two more holes!

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HAR! Ya know it's funny, I had the battery go dead in my PC cordless so I grabbed my old Yankee Screwdriver and started going to town popping in sheet rock screws. I had 3 grown men that just HAD to try it! They were in their 30's and had never seen one.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: $3 cordless drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh no,no, don't put alcohol in it! It'll draw moisture and gum up the carb!! LOL

When I grab an old brace like that I know the hole will get drilled without a couple of trips back down the ladder for fresh batteries. Oh, I don't put alcohol in the motor when I'm working on a ladder but it does make the motor run smoother with more power when I'm on the ground. Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.