Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Questions About A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I've had my A for about two weeks now. Thanks everyone for the help regarding the implements.

I've now got a plow but its for a Super A. I know now that it is a completely different setup. This is the plow with the two long springs on the front.

So the question is this...

Can I drop my drawbar on the brackets and make it so it pivots, hook up the plow and then attach a chain from the drawbar to a point on the tractor (cultivator lever bolt points?) to use a depth control?

I don't want to do anything dangerous. It seems like this would work just like the depth control on the Super A except for the point that it wouldn't be very automatic.

I'm also having to use a comealong to lift the plow up because though I have some parts I cannot figure out the lift on the rear.

Thanks

Jason

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be able to turn the drawbar forward letting it hinge on the large bolt for depth control. Or make the framework that bolts to the steering sector to hook the beam to. I have the lever that controls the depth also one to raise and lower the plow but its here in Easern Iowa also have the rockshaft but not the assy that goes from the rockshaft to the beam.

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your best bet would be to find the original implements. They are out there.
Hooking a plow to the draw bar on that tractor wont work. If it does, not well. I doubt that it will even go in the ground at all.
Do you have the lift? If so, look up binder books and get the implement manual. It is not hard to bolt the lift on.

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can, post pics of all your levers and stuff that you have. Maybe I can figure out where it goes.

selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gene bender wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:56:33 11/05/12) You should be able to turn the drawbar forward letting it hinge on the large bolt for depth control. Or make the framework that bolts to the steering sector to hook the beam to. I have the lever that controls the depth also one to raise and lower the plow but its here in Easern Iowa also have the rockshaft but not the assy that goes from the rockshaft to the beam.

Gene

That was my thought, but like Pretend said, it may not work. All I can do is try.

Jason

selfsuffgrdnr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretend

I looked at your picture you posted last time on my message and it doesn't match what I bought on Saturday. I might have gotten the cultivator hookups? Not sure. I mean some pieces are there but others are not. I'll try to take a picture tonight and post it.

Trust me if I could find the implements made for it I would gladly use them but there is simply not a good source of implement down here in KY. Plenty of fasthitch and plenty of three point hitch but no Farmall A implements.

Jason

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are out there. I had to go to the next state over to get mine. Perhaps when we see thepics of what you have, some ideas on making something work will come up.

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no idea if he has any implements or how far he is from
your location (from what i understand he's not very far into
ohio) but he is a good salvage tractor part source, trusdell
farm parts 937 549 4201

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Gene, What is the condition of 2 or 4 row veggie cultivator that you have and how many shovels do you have for it?
Thanks, Kevin

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Jason, Give me a call at 320-468-6474 this evening it easier to discuss this on the phone than type it all here....Thanks, Kevin

stumper
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you for sharing that picture i could never figure out how that hooked up on the back of my A
Thanks again, stumper

PretendFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: More Questions About A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Luckily I have the implement manual. I bought it cause the tractor came with A plow and a pile of levers, bars and stuff. Turns out the plow was not from an A.
The manual came in handy when I bought a plow from someone with all the levers, and brackets.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.