Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPRU 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm looking to book a room now, I noticed that its thursday-saturday, is there a better day to go? Do guys show up late or leave early? Was thinking thursday and friday...it might sound like a dumb question but we are coming from NY and if we are going to drive 11 hours we don't want to miss anything, thanks Anthony

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The show will officially run Wednesday - Saturday. Yes, Thursday and Friday will be your best days. Wednesday would get you the best selection at parts vendors and Saturday you can sometimes make so deals on parts guys don't want to haul home. I'll be there all 4 days, In fact I'll be there Tuesday, maybe Monday to get set up. Lots of people come early. Not too many leave early but things fall apart pretty fast the last day. I know that the Ohio Chapter is trying to plan some things to tempt exhibitors to hang around longer on Saturday.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are a lot of rooms but I am a thinking they might be already pretty well booked up around Lima. You may have to look at Wapakoneta, Closest to Lima with rooms. Then Kenton, Findlay or Van Wert. I live about 18 mile from the fairground and Wapakoneta is my address.

Farmallhal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm like the Cowman and make almost a full week of it. This is my best vacation of the year and time to meet friends I've made on this forum and at past RPRU's while trying to fill my shopping cart with needed items. Once the show "officially" opens my time is basically spent with the displays, tractors and exhibitors as the vendor areas get quite cramped. There is no way a RPRU can be done with any degree of justice in a day or partial day. There should still be rooms available without having to drive too far but don't wait much longer, Hal.

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have always been told the early bird gets the worm

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow almost in my back yard , might have to make the trip . Last one i was at was Hookstown Pa. And this one i DON"T HAVE TO BRING THE WAR DEPT.

carlsandberg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The early bird gets the worm, but, the second mouse gets the cheese

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about camping?

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just got two rooms for two nights for a great price at Super 8 in Wapakoneta, OH. See you all in June !!

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife wont go for it, she might be pregnant also so she would be more comfortable in a hotel but believe me i asked.

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i always have a room in the dodge house

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are only going to be less than 7 mile from my house. Knew they would be cheaper than in Lima. Supposed to be road construction in front of fairgrounds next year. Can tell you how to mis it if you want. Would like to meet you. Leroy

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL, I was asking about camping for *ME*.

I assume there's going to be camping. Hopefully on-site, and hopefully plenty of it.

Denny ('60 Lo-Boy)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:30:11 11/07/12) LOL, I was asking about camping for *ME*.

I assume there's going to be camping. Hopefully on-site, and hopefully plenty of it.

http://www.rpru2013.com/Lodging___Camping.php

Farmallhal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: RPRU 2013 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just checked a few hotels/motels online in Lima yesterday and there are still rooms available there as well, Hal.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.