Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plow to plow pics.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well we never had our plow day this fall because of all the rain here in NJ., after 3 years of looking for a gauge wheel for my plow, i saw a hub for sale on eBay, bought it and made my own. now the plow is in storage and we are ready for snow. chuck

jerry 4

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how does the pcv pipe stay on your cuting edge.i'm am going to try that idea on my back blade this winter .do you think it will not tear up a gravel driveway?

Oliver Farmer in MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

VERY nice.

Matt in the Thumb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice plow! I"d be afraid to get that whole setup out in the dirt. That 77 is physically a whole lot bigger than my Massey 65. My 3241 looks huge on my tractor. Noticed yours is set as a 3x14. That"s how mine was, but it"s too much for my tractor. Working on taking it down to a 3x12. Taking a while to work through rusty hardware painted over a time or 3. Found out mine is missing the third long brace that runs from the top-link hoop down to the backbone, as well as the brace for the rear moldboard. Have to make something up for those. Found some red paint underneath mine when I took it apart. Wonder if it was a Cockshutt from the factory.

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jerry 4 Im interested in the same thing you are. I would like to use that idea but have no idea how you would get it to stay...

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jerry, the PVC pipe stays on with no fasteners, just don't back drag with it. I took a 2" pvc pipe and made a skill saw cut in with an angle cut in the end to get it started a drove it on with a bfh. it glides right over my grass. thanks for looking, chuck

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oliver Farmer, thanks, chuck

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt, thanks, my tractor pulls it easily in 5th gear at 8" deep. the engine makes 90+ horses. thanks for looking, chuck

Josh in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm curious how you got 90hp out of a 77? A 310?
Josh

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Josh, as you can see by the pics. it is indeed the original 77 engine. I will tell you some of what to do to get 90+ hp out of a 77. 33/4" pistons, 4" stroke, big valves, 250lbs compression, ported and polished head and intake manifold, reground cam, big carb. (usx 37) accurate ignition timing, etc. at the tractor pulls i pull 4500 to 10500lb. classes and spin it at 4000 rpm. when i work with it it runs at 1600 to 2200 rpm. you can see it pulling and plowing on my you tube site (chucksoliver77). thanks for looking, chuck

Last edited by chucksoliver77 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

]]]]

Last edited by chucksoliver77 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Del Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chuck whats the deal with the late super frame on your 77.

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: plow to plow pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Del, in 1958 the tractor was involved in a car accident and was broke in half. super frames were used for replacement at that time. here is a picture of a very old picture. chuck

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.