Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windshield glass for 870 case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie7295
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking for a windshield glass for and 870 case tractor, dont know if the 8,9,10 all had the same glass or not.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

they are all the same 1170/1175 also, cnt

Thad
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just make sure what you have. There is some diff in the real early cabs. They have square corners in the frame of the cab where the glass fits.. The later are rounded corners. Thad

jcmarleau

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do have a windshield glass for 870 but depend where you live since this is fragile to ship. jc

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

any good glass shop should be able to cut you a windshield from flat laminated glass my brother owns a glass shop in Belle Fourche SD and cuts several hundred a year for everything from tractor cabs like yours to heavy mining equipment. If your old one is still there but cracked it can be used as a pattern, if not you can remove the rubber and trace the frame pattern on a piece of cardboard and then the glass shop will just have to subtract the width of the rubber from the pattern.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have done what Jeremy says many times. Also if the old one is all cracked but still in one piece, you can hold it together with a bunch of tape- BEFORE removal.
Tinted glass is worth the extra cost.

Farmboy856
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield glass for 870 case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have ordered cab glass through A & I --- catalog is available online, but you have to order through a "dealer". You can get a list of dealers in your area on the website. Around here the two dealers are the local hardware store or a cousin of mine who is a farmer. I've really had good luck with the pieces I ordered from them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.