Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OEM ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: OEM ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it has HF and TO part number on it.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks good, the replacements cutoff valves i have bought lately, do not have the short standing pipe

i just take a short piece of copper tube, grind it down so it will fit tight into the fuel opening.

so far it works fine and keeps the fuel inlet out of the bad stuff.

if the guys building these new fuel cutoff valves had to use them on their old tractors, they would be sure they had the short tube inlet extensions in place.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

maxwell99 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:03:41 11/05/12) looks good, the replacements cutoff valves i have bought lately, do not have the short standing pipe

i just take a short piece of copper tube, grind it down so it will fit tight into the fuel opening.

so far it works fine and keeps the fuel inlet out of the bad stuff.

if the guys building these new fuel cutoff valves had to use them on their old tractors, they would be sure they had the short tube inlet extensions in place.

The last ones I bought didn't have the shorter tube but did have a screen around the outlet with the taller tube sticking up above it. So far they have worked out ok, catching the odd piece of junk, I've had to take the one out of the 202 a couple of times but that's because the previous owner tried to seal the tank but for some reason the por 15 (or whatever he used) is flaking off. Probably not clean enough when he sealed it.

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I replaced mine with the ball valve I soldered in one tube into the brass fitting and soldered the screen around it. Those bowl types will cross thread if you look at em wrong.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last two F-40 I rebuilt had this type bowl with the HF on them.I like the original parts.(building propane now)The short tube is for reserve. Turn valve on one 1/2 turns, when the tractor runs out of gas you turn valve all the way open and you don't have to walk to the house. LOL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.