Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudbudquad
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where can I find and American made tool. I have been all over and can"t find any, all are made in China or Mexico.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2 years ago I wanted a drill press made in America. Couldn't find one.

Best bet is to go on craigslist and buy a 20 year old used one. It might be made in America.

I recently but a new bearing in an old craftsman belt sander. About fell over, it was made in the USA.

I guess China is requiring Fiat to build Jeeps in China if they want to sell them there. Guess GM's buicks is popular in China, but they are made in China too, not exported from the US.

If I were president, I would require China to set up a plant in the US for everything they want to sell here. NO I DON'T REALLY WANT TO BE PRESIDENT.

George

Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was at Home Depot the other day, and I saw a really nice Milwaukee Sawzall (not a knockoff) that was MADE IN THE USA. It was around $130, and if I were rich, I woulda bought it on the spot just because. I was VERY surprised to see that there, I honestly wish I used a sawzall still.

Bob Huntress
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Where can I find and American made tool?"

In my tool box!

mudbudquad
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look again Lanse, I saw a Milwaukee sawzaw today assembled in USA with off shore parts.

DownSouth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Garage sales, estate sales, auctions and every now and then a pawn shop.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone remembers who opened the door for China to sell it's cheap good to the USA?

Richard Nixon, no less! People like blame it on the Dumbocrats, but it was actually a Repugnant, no doubt acting on orders from the rich & powerful.

I remember when IH made a big deal of jumping into the China market - until they realized that the patches of farm land in China are barely big enough to turn a big IH tractor around on!

Winchester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: drills, jigsaws, sawsaws and others Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some Milwaulee tools are still made in the USA but many have been moved to China.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.