Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fired up my jd 730d for the first time.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
47farmallM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: fired up my jd 730d for the first time. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i just aquired this tractor not to long ago and it had some issues. so i fixed the stuck clutch, the bad transfer pump, but in all new oil,batteries, cleaned the air cleaner and i let her rip. must say i been around internationals all my life, but damm this things a beast. i've had jd 60 gas tractor but i love this diesel.

old popper
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: fired up my jd 730d for the first time. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to a club plow day last month, and took my 720 diesel. The fellow that had the loader to load and unload plows told me that very same thing. He said "I"ve been a Farmall man all my life, but I am going to find one of those 720s. That is an awesome tractor" This guy was not a young fellow by no way. I"m glad I could impress him. Dale

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: fired up my jd 730d for the first time. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a 730 diesel wf and its my all time favorite tractor. feels
like a 4020 but that two banger makes it better.. lol

wilamayb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: fired up my jd 730d for the first time. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A nice 720/730 Diesel is hard to beat if its not worn out. The problem is that most of them are worn out. Smile They run long after the point in which they should have recieved major attention. I've been on more with no oil pressure and oil blowing out the stack than ones that are in good shape!

730d se
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: fired up my jd 730d for the first time. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As my screen name states, the 730 Diesel is at the top of my heap of antique tractors.
My all time fav is the pony start. I get how easy the electric start is to operate, but who really likes "easy" when rebuilding old iron?
My pony was rebuilt 11 years ago and I will put it up against ANY 730D ES, especially in cold weather.
When set up properly, pony engines do not smoke, start very easily, are easy to maintain, and have more than enough power to spin that big two cylinder diesel.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.