Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Knight, were did this come from?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Recently I have been researching through a few old sales lit. for info and pics of these tractors in preperation for the up coming BK repair and restoration. It has finally occured to me that no where in the info I have does anyone make reference to a BK. Only the description Demonstrator or Goldlen Opportunity Demo's are mentioned. Does anyone know the orrigin of the name Black Knight? Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod some where I have or read a bit on it have to do some thinkin on it here are a few pics of them, now this is my thought on the name, Agri King = Black Knight would have not sounded right to have been called a Black King?? just a thought cnt

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nutty thats a good thought, the name Black King does not sound very apealling. Rod.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
You got me swinging, I have no answer.
Loren

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i could live with it for a trac tor , but 4 more yrs of that joker who thinx he is king of my once beautiful nation makes me want to vomit

dcz3

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep if you loved 4 dollar gas you will love 5 Bottom line if you dont mind being #2 then your willingto be # 17 thats about where we rank with our schools News Flash Federal Gov doesnt hire teachers Barry!

rich10e
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dont know where it came from but it was there from the start wasnt it?

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim I'm 'fraid were stuck with Barry for another 4 unless someone can definitively uncover his school records that state he was enrolled as a foreign student and then there is the issue of fraud, renoucing his US citizen ship, what passports he held, etc. Wouldn't that be a revelation!

Jim

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the Golden Demo was first then it worked so well for sales and getting people to try one they expanded the program with the Black Knight and I will say the program worked very well for us cnt

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Comon guy's can we drop this political crap now I have heard so much of it every where please not here cnt

1030 TOM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i was in early high school when our dealer had a domostration day on our farm , brough in an 870 demo a 4 16 semi mount plow a new backhoe and a 450 dozer,I got to plow day with it ,over 100 people showed up had places to run the dozer and the backhoe i do remember that our 830 with the same kind of plow stayed right with it,I know i was king for a day

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm with you nutty, enough already.

rich10e
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ditto on that,this is a fun place to be politics is a great way to ruin a fun party

Jimmie D. Phelps
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree also, but I might add that from the time I first voted for president(1956) to date I have not seen the change in presidents(dem or rep)
have much to do with the well being of farmers. About all I have seen is a different picture of them in the farm offices.

Jimmie D. Phelps
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight, were did this come from? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a Black Knight tractor just north of Sterling CO. I don't know if it is a 970 or 1070. When I have time I'll try to get a picture and find out he owner.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.