Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on auxiliary hydraulics.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Question on auxiliary hydraulics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok...you probably seen me post before about the auxiliary pump set up had been removed from my 175. I've managed to find most of the stuff to put it back in the tractor but here is my question. Most of the pumps I find are the dual section pump where its one section of the pump for the multi power or IPTO and the other for the auxiliaries. Can I use one of those pumps in mine which does not have multi power or IPTO but does have factory auxiliaries? If I can how would you plumb it in? Im asking because my dealer said most yes most of the auxiliary set ups can be swapped in but if all you can find is the dual section set up....then what do you do? Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Masseynut(Australia)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on auxiliary hydraulics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why don't you remove the rear cover from the pump, and slide the gear set out. Also remove the thrust plate but leave the outer "o" ring in place. Refit the cover and now you have a single element (Hi-output) pump.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Question on auxiliary hydraulics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats kind of where I was confused.I didnt know if you removed the gears if it would still send oil to that part of the pump, which I guess worse case scenario it would just go on thru and back out in to the housing...I have looked and looked at Agcopartsbook.com at the exploded views and for an 8 speed with no multi power or IPTO they show that dual section pump.I didnt know if originally it was blocked off or just flowed thru or what they done.

Masseynut(Australia)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on auxiliary hydraulics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From looking at an old pump I have here, I would expect the area inside the pump where these gears originally were, would just become part of the oil pickup on the suction side of the "hi-flow" pump. I would blank off the outlet port on the low flow side as well, and keep the rear "o" ring in place, so the suction side remains "sealed", ensuring that there is no possibility of it "pulling" air.
Hope this helps,
Evan.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.