Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have an M waterpump picture?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to get the springs and drive studs for my waterpump and a picture would help me figure out what I need, what I dont have, and how to put it together. I just need one pic from the front (radiator side). thanks guys, ~Anthony

kevinj54
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That info is in the parts manual?????

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about this? Id have to link to a thread on another forum for more, and Im not sure the keepers of YT would like that...

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heres another!

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think you can still get new but the drive studs are priced ridiculas now. Studs have a 5/16 thread and a 3/8 drive end. H are different.

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect !!! Thank you very much, ~Anthony

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Exploded diagram,yes--everything is in the parts manual.

kevinj54
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CNKS wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:33:54 11/08/12) Exploded diagram,yes--everything is in the parts manual.

Yes I know that............I thought the OP said before that he had manuals and was questioning if he looked it up.

Patrick HMD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could start another topic, but it would be related to this one, so I hope you don't mind if I tag mine on to this one Anthony.

I too am looking for some driving studs and springs for my 49M. The M seems to run OK without them. Since getting the M, I've only run it maybe 30 min. at the most at anyone time, and the water temp gauge registered in the normal range.

The previous owner apparantly thought he could get by without them, and so far I have too. Blame it on ignorance in my case. I'm just wondering now if I run it for longer periods of time, the tractor will finally overheat.

I know of a source where I can get some driver studs and springs off an 'H'. How different are they from the 'M'?

TIA
Patrick
'49M

Nebraska Kirk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked in my parts book and the spring is the same on the H and M, but the driving studs have different part numbers, so they have to be different and probably will not interchange.

Without the driving studs the water pump impeller is not turning and thus not pumping water. A cheap and easy alternative is to get a couple of the right sized bolts, cut off the heads and used them as the driving studs, just use jam nuts to hold them tight.

Patrick HMD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh great, now I have water pump problems, something that I was not aware of! Little by little I'm beginning to learn 'things' about my tractor, and 'things' that aren't there, that are suppose to be there.
My driving the tractor has been limited to just around the yard, just to check things out. I was thinking about taking a little drive down one of the back country roads that are nearby. Glad I didn't now, or else I would have had a very serious problem.
Now it looks like I will have to remove the front cowl and radiator to have access to the problem. Right? Not a lovely thought.
Thanks Nebraska Kirk. Good idea on those driving studs.
No telling what I'll find when I take a closer look and inspect that water pump. Nothing major serious I hope.

Patrick
'49M

Last edited by Patrick HMD on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nebraska Kirk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, you don't have to remove the radiator to remove the waterpump, or even to install the missing driving studs. If you email me your phone number I can call and explain it to you. krinne@windstream.net

Patrick HMD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an M waterpump picture? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Email is on it's way.

Thanks NK

Patrick
'49M

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.