Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UB 3 pt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howard H.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A while back, several of you expressed interest in seeing the 3 pt on the UB I saved from the scrapper. Sorry it took so long, but are some pics of the 3 pt itself and the cylinder that drives it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Howard

minnemoblb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics, by the background in the first picture looks like you got a few projects. Glade you saved her from the scrapper but I am a little jealous I would like to have that one in my collection but i'm sure you'll take good care of her.

Howard H.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ha... I don"t think of most of them as projects... I call it the old tractors retirement home... They"ve earned a rest!

Howard

brian(MN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is exactly like what I have, but your tractor looks much better than mine! I hope to put mine on a running UB soon, I think all the parts are there.... Who made those? I know they are not MM.
Brian(MN)

brian koeman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i would love too buy your 3pt,,, call me 616 437 9277 i am very interested !!! ps i will be out of town for a week ...

Howard H.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looked factory enough to me that I just assumed... Hopefully, Brian Gonyea or LW or Schrocky or someone more knowledgeable than I can give more info.

Brian K, I'll probably hang onto this for a while, but keep looking - they are out there. I'm kicking myself for not seeing one laying on a pallet at an auction a few months ago until after the sale was over.

I was looking at the specs on John Deere's big 4 wheel drive the other day and saw that its 3 pt capacity is 20,000 pounds now!!

That makes this early attempt at a 3 pt seem pretty primitive. Pretty amazing how far things have come.

Howard

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Howard,
Sorry. I don't think I have any info on the early U 3pt systems. I don't know if they were aftermarket or something offered to MM dealers for a very limited time. Maybe someone has some paperwork or advertisement for these early 3pt systems. They look like a very stout system but I've never seen one in person on a U.

Brian

FBH44
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty sure the cylinder at least is a real MM 'lifting jack'. There's one for sale on eBay for $28 or $30 or so.

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: UB 3 pt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After market. Made by Taylor-Way. I have MM letter with specs for ZA/ZB & UB from 1956. ~ Marty
Link to photo of

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.