Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT ...my dad passed away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffalex2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dear YT forum members,

My dad grew up farming just north of Champaign IL. On the family farm, they pulled JD implements behind Farmalls. They had M's, H's, and Supers. He was the youngest of 3 brothers. While his older brothers took over the farm and grew corn and soybeans until they retired, my dad put himself through college and became an engineer working for Westinghouse in Baltimore for over 45yrs. He retired in Harpers Ferry WV and never lost his love for the tractors he grew up with. In recent years, he and I found 15 acres that belonged to a church and farmed corn there with a Super M and Super C. Once our expenses were covered, the money went to the church. It was something he and I loved to do together. He passed very unexpectedly this Monday. He loved this site and we used it regularly for help and to buy parts...most recently a 3pt for his Super C which he was so excited about using next spring.

Thank you all for your help over the last 8 yrs.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take those delightful memories and pass them to your children, or others. A marvelous legacy. may he rest in peace. Jim

john bowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i worked for westinghouse in baltimore from
1958 to 1988. may have known him. what is the name.not many of us left, all northrup grumman now
john bowers

john bowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i worked for westinghouse in baltimore from
1958 to 1988. may have known him. what is the name.not many of us left, all northrup grumman now
john bowers

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our deepest condolances.May you continue with your kids on the farming operation.

mn skinner

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

he died doing something he loved to do and doing it with someone he loved. may we all be so lucky. my condolances.

danmcdonald
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our condolences prayers sent.

SuperHank
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may be difficult to explain the simple joy we get from our hobby that seeks to celebrate a simpler life. Few people understand it, but I am envious that you had a chance to share it with your dad in his retired years. You should grieve your loss but only remember your good fortune and rejoice in the joy you brought in his life.

Tom from IL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My condolences to you. I lost my Dad 7 months ago today. We farm north west of Decatur, IL, and Dad was running a tractor working ground ahead of the planter the day before he died. He went the way he wnated to, with his boots on, not confined to a hospital bed or nursing home. There are worse ways to go than that. Hardly a day goes by that something doesn't happen and I think, "I need to tell Dad about that." I expect that you will be experiencing the same thing for a while. May God bless and comfort you in your loss.
Tom

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for letting us grieve with you. Love for family and each other is what makes this old-time site so special. Cling to your memories and faith. A better day's a comin!!

Stick around.

Glenn F.

Ken Ind.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My deepest condolances and will add you to my prayers

jeffalex2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

His name was Don Alexander....east wing...phased array antennas

FC Andy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss. Did the two of you get through his last harvest?

God Bless. -Andy

James Williams
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jeff,Im so sorry to hear this,I knew your father and we would always talk about his tractors,I met him when he was building his house in WV,I work for the Harpers Ferry PSD,He was interested in building a garge on my property to house your tractors,He was a great person,I worked with him on the potomac street project,and the sewer leak on Gilmore st.I would always urge him to post on this sight.Reading this is a shock,He was also a train enthuiest.Not to long ago I checked out your corn feild and he told me the corn did very well becaues of the rain this year

jimmy

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: OT ...my dad passed away Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lost mine 17 yrs ago around Christmas and brother three years ago and not a day goes by that I dont think about how much I thought of them.We had worked side by side since I was very young and unfortunately he was killed in on farm accident that he should have known better.My brother stepped out of his combine and passed unexpectly an hour later .Both were in there 70s and died doing what they loved.I have lost 4 landlords in the past year in age from 45 to 93 so you better make the most of the time you have and always end the day as friends.I still find thinking they arent far away sometimes.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.