Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farmall 300 Carb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would someone please provide the settings for the adjusting screws on my 300. Freshly rebuilt and no specs. Thanks

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bottom screw front Load mixture adjustment 3 to 4 turns out from light seating. idle screw (left top about 1/3 to 1/2 way in (not critical at startup) idle mixture screw 3 turns out (or so)
After start, the idle mixture screw is adjusted for best speed then speed for 500rpm or so, then idle mix again, then speed. Power mixture should be set so (if warm) it goes from idle to full throttle in neutral without stumbling, and with very minimal black smoke or none. when pulling loads, it might be 1/2 to one turn out from there to allow full power. Jim

Sparky2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, done and now I will install. One more please, where do you find that info? Thanks

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The info is in the operators manual. But, you need to remember that the Super H and Super M up changed their carburaters. The starting point for the main jet screw is 5 turns out, it can be turned in for lighter loads if you don't need full power. The carb is supposed to be set as lean as possible and still pull the load that you want it to. You do not want black smoke, and due to the design I doubt if you can get it. Jim is correct that you want to be able to pull the throttle back without stumbling, but my experience says that it will not pull any thing with the leanest setting you can get, in fact my Super H will not even go up a slight incline pulling nothing set like that. So, you will have to experiment. Instead of starting with about 3 turns out and increasing the mixture a half turn at a time, I start with 5 turns out and go a half turn in until it loses power.

Sparky2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, I slipped up, I disconnected the govenor without noting how it fits in the front of the carb. Does the metal peg that extends out from the govenor fit in the small slot of the piece that controls engine speed,,,hope I stated that clearly

Sparky2s

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, did you see my note and the govenor connection? Kinda stuck right now

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tang goes in the slot. it is not impossible to do, but is finikey. Be careful as it goes together (use a good light) and it will be fine. Jim

Sparky2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Gents, I figured out how the governor connects and all is running well, I am getting some black smoke when I give it throttle, so I guess I need to adjust the needle at the front. thanks again

Sparky2s

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats the term I was struggling with, Tang.

Thanks she is running

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 300 Carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very good. Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.