Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3000 hydraulic pump part 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm still not getting this pump to bleed properly and/or the lift arms to stop chattering.
They say if you aren't much of a mechanic keep changing parts till you find the problem.
I have had 3 different pumps on this tractor, including an NOS pump that I have. They all do the same thing.
I have had both ends of the suction line off, cleaned them with lacquor thinner and gooped them with silicone.
I have bled about 3 gallons of oil out of the pump - high speed, low speed.
I blew lacquer thinner through the suction line to possibly clean out the filter.
Getting frustrated here.
What should I do?

leej
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:18:16 11/08/12) I'm still not getting this pump to bleed properly and/or the lift arms to stop chattering.
They say if you aren't much of a mechanic keep changing parts till you find the problem.
I have had 3 different pumps on this tractor, including an NOS pump that I have. They all do the same thing.
I have had both ends of the suction line off, cleaned them with lacquor thinner and gooped them with silicone.
I have bled about 3 gallons of oil out of the pump - high speed, low speed.
I blew lacquer thinner through the suction line to possibly clean out the filter.
Getting frustrated here.
What should I do?
Take it and $50,000 to JD dealer & be sure lift works before you take the new 'green' one home. That or build yourself a wooden tractor, that you can fix. Laughing

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any pinhole leaks in the lines?

Vitoi

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I don't know what I did but it started working properly. Darned things!
I had put the old pump back on and let it run about 1k rpm for a while.
Dunno.
I will run it again tomorrow to see if it holds prime. Hope so. I wish I knew why it wouldn't prime before though. Just to better unterstand it all.
Thanks to all!

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Silicone usually causes more problems than it ever fixes. New o-rings of the proper size and clean, smooth surfaces on the suctioon tube and adapter where the seals contact are necessary.

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had more than one of those pumps do exactly what you describe. One thing is for sure, they don't bleed very fast.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:22:37 11/09/12) Well, I don't know what I did but it started working properly. Darned things!
Dunno.
I will run it again tomorrow to see if it holds prime. Hope so. I wish I knew why it wouldn't prime before though. Just to better unterstand it all.
Thanks to all!

Just the same as mine did... Like magic it quit chatter'n... I had replaced all the O-rings in the hydraulics except any internal to the pump... It chattered so bad I you would thing something was in a binde...

I do not buy into a o-ring leaking on the suction tube were it enters the rear case in my opinion you can rule that one out as a possible issue...

Greg Wolodkin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got it working. When you put the new pump back on, how much priming did you do? I ask because I've done all the things you mention except for the silicon, and then some.. actually removed and cleaned the suction filter, replaced the paper filter, replaced all O-rings in the lift cylinder and all the square-cut seals on both ends of the plumbing to the pump. Lift works but chatters.

Maybe it will work its way out of that funk, but if I can accelerate the process ...

Last edited by Greg Wolodkin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 3000 hydraulic pump part 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:22:37 11/08/12) Well, I don't know what I did but it started working properly. Darned things!
Dunno.
Thanks to all!

Don't want to rain on your parade, but mine does this as well. I think I have it fixed because it's working every time I start it up. The next thing I know, it won't lift - have to prime it again. Hopefully, yours is permanent.

Since mine is just a chore tractor, I live with it. But I have to admit, not knowing what's causing it irks me.

Last edited by flyingace on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.