Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A game of what is it?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok here it is, I'm not sure the machine is a case because there are no markings but it came from a case dealer with a new implement. Here's the story: I was at an auction and bought a case implement. As I was getting ready to leave with it the farmer came out of the shed with this. He said that when he ordered the new piece he told the dealer to make sure he had everything he would need. This is one of the things that came with it. He said he never used it. I've known about these, but this is the only one I've seen.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say it is a grain cleaner or some call it a screener? You auger grain into it first and it cleans the grain before it goes into a grain bin.
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is not a screener or cleaner.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is it a sizer? Sort seed by size so it will fit your plates?

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got anything to do with treating the belts or canvas?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich,
I think you hit it on the head. Bro and I talked about it this morning on the phone. We decided that since he had the mtd. picker that it was a a seed sizer also.
Loren

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got it. I looked for one of these for a lot of years, then stumbled across this one by accident. When I stopped at the auction I had no idea that I would be buying anything then saw the 4 row planter and bought it.

Flewster
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a corn seed grader. It sorts out rounds, small flats and large flats. I wish I had one of those as I am now raising my own open pollinated corn and would be good to have. Nice find

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting logic there Loren. lol. Can't say I would have taken that route. I thought that since I talked about the planter a few days back that that would be the giveaway.

tomfg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's clearly a machine to wash your hamsters in.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

haven't you got a truck to drive or a living to make or something?

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of open pollinated corn do you raise? I've raised Minn-13 (yellow corn)and Silver Mine (white corn) before.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doug,
Smile, and relax, tomarrow will be a new and better day!!
Loren

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang, I thought it was a early machine to pick lotto balls.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A game of what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon,
I guess Tom and I, forgot about your purchase of the planter, and because it looked like a hand operated "Scour Kleen", we were thinking about harvested crops, rather than sorting seed to put into the planter in the spring. I would say that the gentelman who sold that was a real salesman, and made a "value added" sale!! LOL.
Loren

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.