Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Knight Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a brochure that refers to a "Black Knight" Agri King demonstration. Here's a few pages from the brochure including front and back covers.The back cover has form No. A71072A on it.
Nick

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Nick I have this one also and knew it said it some where!!!!! cnt tom

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW. That confirms that. Case gave the name Black Knight to the Demo Line. Kuil! Good snoopin!
Don L.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NICK thats great, you made my day. Its good to know thats a description J I Case used and not just a nickname of sorts that became popular. After 40 yrs its tough for any of us to remember the exact details. Thanks, Rod.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nick
The Case publication that you have posted A71072A was printed in 1972 to promote a winter sale in Feb of that year. All Case publications have the date (last two didgits) in the Form number. Examples 730/830 lit. Form # A43667K-2 produced in 1967. 1470 lit. Form # A62071C printed in 1971.
It is interesting that they refered to the BK, as there was never a 1175, 1270, or 1370 BK produced to my knoledge. The one picured in the flyer was a 1070 and they were talking about the new bigger tractors, two of which did not have 2spd PTOs that they refer to also.
Loren.

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The BK pic is funny. It says 1070 but looks to have the 1170 muffler, dual steering cyl. axle and that is a turbocharged exhaust manifold. But it has bar axles!?

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Black Knight Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agri King wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:04:41 11/11/12) The BK pic is funny. It says 1070 but looks to have the 1170 muffler, dual steering cyl. axle and that is a turbocharged exhaust manifold. But it has bar axles!?

Probably because it is not a 1070 but an 1170.
I have the same literature (Canadian version) and in mine that same picture clearly shows the tractor to be an 1170. And I only see one reference to the term "Black Knight". Most of the other ads have it listed as "Golden Opportunity Demonstrator" or Golden Demo for short.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.