Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G blowby update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigboreG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thought id let you know what i have found so far. Checked compression, book calls for 65 i have 74 on both sides. So were good there. The breather is ok, but the oil pipe going to the tappet cover was plugged. This pumps oil to the tappets correct? Is this the only source of oil they get on a G as opposed to the A with its galley thru the block and head? Also can i just remove fork and pulley to check the drain back hole or does the reduction cover have to go as well?

MBdeere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will be able to clean it by removal of the pulley only and of corse the stuff that needs to be removed to get the pulley off.

MBdeere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will be able to clean it by removal of the pulley only and of corse the stuff that needs to be removed to get the pulley off.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can remove the Clutch and Fork to get to the drain-back groove..
Hope your rear tire is set out far enough...
I cannot give any information on the rocker oiling on a "G"..

Ron..

old popper
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you need to move the wheel for clearance, I took the rim off the cast disk to gain room enough to take the pulley off mine. I don't know what it would take to move the hubs on the axles.

bigboreG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks all. The wheels are all the way out, lucked out there!

bigboreG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only drain back i see is at bottom of main case bout a 3/4 hole. Is there one on the pulley itself?

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NO, it is a small hole in the bottom of the Groove on the "Seal(?)" that the "spiral" slings oil inside of..that IS all there is to this...!!

Ron..

bigboreG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: G blowby update Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Alright i found what i was looking for. Thanks Ron

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.