Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ford 5000 lift --again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david shadid
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, I checked the asc and it was pushed in. Had hydraulics to the remotes. Pulled the asc out...no change.Hydraulic flow still to the remotes. From in position to out was about 1 1/2. Is this too much? In or out made no difference. Thanks again, David

shaun wallace
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of is unload valve stuck,doesnt happen with 5000s very often. This envolves pulling lift cover to unstick.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shaun Wallace wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:57:34 11/11/12) The only thing I can think of is unload valve stuck,doesnt happen with 5000s very often. This envolves pulling lift cover to unstick.
Shaun, don't mistake this as confrontational, especially since I don't have a diagram of the 5000 hydraulic circuits, and will defer to you, but, I think that since his remotes work, that means that the unloader is working. I guess it depends on the connections, but it sounds to me like the asc isn't switching the path from the lift cyl to the remotes???? I'm thinking that the 5000 hyd is much like the Dexta......may be all wet on that???

david shadid
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pulled remote off and turned the engine over a little with starter. Hydraulic oil came out of a port, switched ASC and tried again and oil came out the same hole. Couldn't see down the holes to see if the spool is moving or not. The lift arms don't act like they are getting any fluid at all. Possible the spool has broken and is keeping the ASC from redirecting the flow of fluid?

shaun wallace
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok went and dug out 5000 service maneul it has colored oil flow in different lift operations. With assery plate/remote valve off pressure oil will come out drilled hole, When acs is pulled out no oil will come out it will only come another pluged hole in front off assery plate. I would post pic but do not have a way to.

sotxbill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC

asc is in the "lift" circuit and not in the aux hydraulic circuit.

so

asc will not work when the lift arms are all the way up...

so...

back to stuck unloading valve????

remote hydraulics will work no matter where the asc and lift controls are set. dont confuse remote hydraulics with asc circuit and or load montitoring curcuit.

david shadid
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 5000 lift --again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I found a rubber o-ring where a steel ring
should have been. I'm assuming that's the unloader
valve. It was stuck and hard to tap out but slide
much easier with the right parts in it. Will get it
together this weekend and try it out. Will let you
know the news. Good or bad. Thanks again to all.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.