Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok you guys talked me into it. I'll post these on both forums.
Not exactly mint condition... a bit of a project ahead. Someone welded...badly... the cone of a starter.... which broke for good the last time they used it... a big piece in now jammed in the ring gear or ???? Murphy's law says this will have to do the big split.....

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've always wanted a loader,once you get it fixed I'll look under the Christmas tree ol buddy ol pal.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And I always wanted another back half of a TO35.... so that rest area on route 95 near Richmond VA? Should be a cinch to transfer the loads to each other's trailer before the cops show up.....

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You don't have to go that far unless you want to go to the NASCAR race track take I78 to Clinton i'll make the swap

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang it Trac, guess Santa ain't commin!

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi
the later masseys like this had an inspection cover under the bell housing does this one have that plate, so you could get the chunk out with out splitting it. or can ya turn it back the opposite way if its jammed and find the piece with a mirror and light or an inspection camera through the starter hole, then fish it out that way if the ring gears not chewed up.

I got lucky with a big gmc truck once this happened to. That was a pig to get the motor out so I was pretty happy.
Regards Robert

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for your encouragement Robert. I will try getting at the piece thru the inspection port or however, before splitting it... I have a Harbor Freight inspection camera, which is nice for pickles like this....... But, like the 23c diesel... Murphy's law says that will be too easy...

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bah humbug

to_many_irons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: decisions decisions... Massey? Harris? Fer.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not ever thing is hard .
but mother said there would be days like that .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.