Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9nstuck motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daj214
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: 9nstuck motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 9n with a frooze up motor mostly for the tires,but would like to see if I can get it going. Been dumping diesl in it for a month and rocking it in gear. Any ideas? thanks Don

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 9nstuck motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!
Lots of good advice on this site, so I'm sure you'll get it going.
To the point of getting your N unstuck, a 50/50 mixture of automatic transmission
fluid and acetone works good. Some folks use Marvel Mystery oil.
I have one soaking in PB Blaster at the moment, not sure how that will turn out yet.
I also used Engine Release once when everything else failed. It's a little pricey, but it worked.
Engine Release
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: 9nstuck motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine was locked up and had sat in a barn for over 30 years. I did as Royce said and poured in tranny fluid and rocked it everyday for a month. I finally pulled the hood and the head and used a 4x4 block of wood and a 32 oz. ball pein and hit it like I was driving in 16 penny nails 3-4 times per piston. I did this for 2 months and used probably 2-3 qts. of tranny fluid. Finally I pulled the starter (look at Bruce's tips) and pried the flywheel and she popped loose. This may seem like a lot of work, but my tractor runs well and doesn't smoke with good oil pressure. Patience is the key. Remember to prime the oil pump before start-up. It's the plug next to the waterpump. I used gear lube because it stays on the components better. Gerard

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: 9nstuck motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

#1 wick out that diesel it will do little or nothing to free it up. Fill the cylinders with ATF and put the plugs back in each time your going to mess with it so as to keep dirt water etc out. As for doing the rear wheel thing that is like you trying to push a semi truck can be done but not likely to move. Set a 12 volt battery on and use short fast taps of the starter to try to spin the engine. Most of the tractors I have where stuck when I got them and most I have freed up by doing as I said to do

daj214
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 9nstuck motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone you gave me alot of things to try, I"ll let you know when it"s up and running

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.