Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

front mounted cultivator for 770

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What model front mounted cultivators were a match for the 770 series tractors. I'm talking 4 row wide or narrow. Just like to keep my eye open in case I ever stumble upon something that would work with my 770. Any pictures would be appreciated as well.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or has anyone attempted to make their own homebuilt front mount cultivator?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Model 640 would be the one you're looking for.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it's too bad I sold my nice 640 a few years ago for $150

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made the huge mistake of cutting up the bar on one side of mine quite a few years ago and using the pieces to turn my 364 rear mount in to a 6 row. I've still got the other side of it here in good shape,but half a cultivator doesn't do me much good.

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, if your handy with a torch and a welder, it can be done. My dad took a front mount cultivator off a Case DC and adapted it to a John Deere 730. Looked really good and used it for many years.

Lee E.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could consider going all the way back to the 4-row pipe culitvator as used on the 70/77/88 tractors with the hydraulic cylinder lift package.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Other than a couple pictures on this site I've never seen the pipe style cultivators, but the 770s and 880s did have the holes for them. What models would be compatable? As you can probably tell I know very little about the cultivators.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm certainly no pro but I could probably make something or convert another brand to work.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the 770 has a Power Booster you can not use a pipe cultivator. The rear pipe will not slide throgh the frame because the Power Booster is in the way.

MikeO-WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 4 row that should work for you. We last used it on our 1855 for cultivating potatoes many years ago. Basically all there except gauge wheels have been used elsewhere.

Eugene Alt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a JD AT40 4 row wide on 1650. That cultvator was made for a wide front and was the first high lift JD for more cleance. It was new in 1968. With Hydra electric cyl control was great.
Gene

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess I am lucky I don't have Power Booster on my 770. I looked at a picture on here of a 60 with the pipe cultivator, how were the pipes secured?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a pipe cultivator in swMn. $125

Centerplate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: front mounted cultivator for 770 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 640 series if you are interested. WIS.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.